HELP! Power steering leak!

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
My 2007 Trailblazer 4.2L has sprung a leak. I crawled under and see the fluid mostly on the driver side close to the power steering lines. Also I see fluid towards the front under side of the bumper. Anybody else had this problem?

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
808trailblazer said:
My 2007 Trailblazer 4.2L has sprung a leak. I crawled under and see the fluid mostly on the driver side close to the power steering lines. Also I see fluid towards the front under side of the bumper. Anybody else had this problem?

Check the power steering lines where they go over the top of the strut tower on the frame. The lines go thru molded rubber across there and have a tendency to rot.... Probably sprung a leak and is running down the lines across the front.

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
McGMT said:
Check the power steering lines where they go over the top of the strut tower on the frame. The lines go thru molded rubber across there and have a tendency to rot.... Probably sprung a leak and is running down the lines across the front.
Ok I'll check that! Anybody got a diagramof the power sterring hoses for my trailblazer?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There's a thread here you can find with a search that links to a set of non-GM manuals. Here is the GM picture.

View attachment 22803

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 37

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
the roadie said:
There's a thread here you can find with a search that links to a set of non-GM manuals. Here is the GM picture.

View attachment 9248
That's Roadie! I hope #14 is the one that's leaking. That's why I am a member here good people always willing to help a fello trailblazer owner!

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Well I found out where its leaking from, it from the power steering cooler in the front. Going to change it with a aftermarket universal transmission cooler from napa. Anybody else did this before? I need all the help I can get. Thanks

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I'm not sure anybody ever had the guts to replace a power steering cooler with a tranny cooler. Not at all sure the pressures, fluid properties, and so forth are similar. There are aftermarket power steering fluid coolers.

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Well fixed the leak tonight. I ended up buy a aftermarket power steering cooler from Napa. The dealer wanted $190 for the oem metal one! I spent $30 for a aluminum one. My cousin helped me to do the work and mounted it in front of the ac condensor. Glad he helped me the job was pretty straight forward. Ill post some pics later.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online