Hello! GMTnation!

ShadowClutch

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Hello everyone. Some may remember me from the older site, but I'll do a full intro/update here, as I've noticed some of my favorite TV members are no longer active there.

My name is Alex and I joined TrailVoy in the spring/summer of 2007 when I bought my 2002 Trailblazer (79k miles), an upgrade from my 1995 S10 Blazer.

I was very active in various areas of the forums, but I was perhaps best known for being A) an annoying college guy, and/or B) being the Florida Rep for the Southeast Chapter, and thus putting together the 2009 meet in Tampa.

My senior year of school interfered heavily with my resource allocation, so my enthusiasm was at an all-time low. In August 2010, I graduated and moved to Greenville, SC to live at home, find a job with a bank, and save money. I'm in my third position now, having been given two great opportunities to gain experience and advance my career in the past two years. I am now working for a healthcare company, and I run the local chapter of my university's alumni association.

I like outdoor activities, working out, watching football, collecting wristwatches, and if I'm not in the gym, at work, or watching football, chances are I am hanging at a lounge with a book or notepad, and a glass of neat bourbon (I like Buffalo Trace as a go-to).

As for my TB, it's running great, and now has ~134k on it. All I've done with it since my prior forum activities is keep it in good shape and tend to a little maintenance here and there.

And here she is from around 2008/2009:
View attachment 22660

Recently, a coilpack went out, so I replaced that and decided it was time to make sure this thing will get me through the winter, and maybe a couple more years.
Of course, now that I am a hard-working American and not a college student surviving on student loan disbursements, I can afford to invest in and better maintain my vehicle!

Since a new vehicle is not an option for me for another 2 years or so, my plans for now really just include high mileage maintenance and preventative care to keep it running through 2014. I plan on getting a personal watercraft w/ a trailer, so I'd like to look into my vehicle's towing capabilities and put the trailer hitch to good use (well, better use than impaling radiators when someone rear ends me).

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading, and I hope to see some familiar names and meet some new ones, too.

Attachments

• 14108102849.jpg
    14108102849.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 7

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
What's good man!?!? I remember you from the good old days when trailvoy was the place to be.

ShadowClutch

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
MAY03LT said:
What's good man!?!? I remember you from the good old days when trailvoy was the place to be.

Sure thing! I actually just watched your s-belt replacement video last week. Found it by pure luck and I said, "Hey, I remember him."

Good to see you on here. How've things been?

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hiya, Welcome to the Nation. Always nice to have another one of the old timers back!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome aboard...

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Welcome to the Nation man, glad to see another face back on here! I havent been very active since I graduated in Dec '11, the whole work thing really interferes with my free time haha!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hiya!

When it all went down in December, it was a bit hectic, to say the least. Sorry we didn't get the word out to all the old regulars before they banned us.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation! The better place to be! :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome back to the fold.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome over Alex. :thumbsup:

ShadowClutch

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

ScarabEpic22 said:
Welcome to the Nation man, glad to see another face back on here! I havent been very active since I graduated in Dec '11, the whole work thing really interferes with my free time haha!

Yes, it sure does. Only took me 2 years to get to a point where I could spend some quality time on a couple hobbies.

the roadie said:
Hiya!

When it all went down in December, it was a bit hectic, to say the least. Sorry we didn't get the word out to all the old regulars before they banned us.

I was unaware of most of this, but I had a feeling something bad happened when I noticed a bunch of empty abandoned profiles, and really rude responses to newbie threads... Needless to say, I will remove my TV decals this weekend. No more free ad space for them.

I look forward to digesting the majority of this site, will probably be my Sunday afternoon goal.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Welcome over to the Nation! Much better here! :wootwoot:

Now that you've got rid of the old decal, time to get a new one! I kept part of the old when I added the Nation!

6882735785_841e4f4964_z_d.jpg

Give a shout out harmless or High Voltage in the Vendors section.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
welcome to the nation, buffalo trace is great, always wanted to try van winkle but i cant find other than ebay

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome on over!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online