Hello from Timmins, ON

Bruter

Original poster
May 13, 2016
Timmins, ON
We have an 2002 Envoy SLT that I am fixing up for my son. It's a long story but we got the Envoy thrown in on the sale of my son's 98 Corolla. He sold his 98 to get a mint 2000 Corolla. And then a classmate was going too fast in the school parking lot and totaled is 2000 Corolla. Then, mother wanted him to get a bigger vehicle so that's when the Envoy came into play.

It's got over 190,000 miles and was not maintained very well...so lots to do. I look forward to your comments and suggestions for the questions that I know I will be asking.

Cheers!!

Mike

Reactions: tsmith1156

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome!

Reactions: Bruter

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation! I've been to Timmins a couple times, really nice up there.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to the enlightened side!

Bruter

Original poster
May 13, 2016
Timmins, ON
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Welcome to the Nation! :tiphat:

I would start with changing out all of the fluids, spark plugs, and cleaning the throttle body since you mentioned the Voy was not well maintained.

Thanks...did the spark plugs, throttle body and some of the fluids. Don't think I will change the transmission fluid...it's shifting fine and the oil is light brown but not "burnt"

Reactions: dmanns67

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Brown? I'd change that. Did it to mine when it was brown, a full fluid exchange as per video by May03Lt, been fine since 2011.

Bruter

Original poster
May 13, 2016
Timmins, ON
Thanks...I did a fluid exchange on my 04 avalanche with 210,000 kms and its all good. Just worried about the 306,000 kms on the envoy...there is an equal amount of good/bad opinions on the exchange.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's some machine flushes that have been known to cause problems and when a tranny is on its way out, the fluid has enough suspended clutch material to keep it working a little longer until it eventually dies. Here's a very good video that explains it:

Last edited:

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Welcome!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher