Hello and Help

IFISHNC

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
I first want to say hello to everyone. I have been a long time member of the Trailvoy forum and the members have been a great help over the years. I recently realized that things have changed over there. I hope the members on this site are equally helpful.
My Issue: My 2003 GMC Envoy recently passed 121,000 miles, and I still love it. I do a lot of fishing(retired) and a fair amount of towing. Not surprisingly, my transmission finally went out. I had the transmission rebuilt and it seems to be working fine. However, I was hosing down the underside the other day and a piece of hose fell out. I was about 6" long, broken off on one end and had a plastic cap on the other end. I took it to my parts guy and he said it was the end of a vent hose from either the differential, transfer case or transmission. I was able to locate the rear differential and front transfer case vent hoses and they were in tact. However, I haven't been able to locate the transmission vent hose. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the rebuild. My question is, can the vent hose be accessed without removing the transmission? If not I guess I will take it back to the shop and have them do it.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
IFISHNC said:
I first want to say hello to everyone. I have been a long time member of the Trailvoy forum and the members have been a great help over the years. I recently realized that things have changed over there. I hope the members on this site are equally helpful.
My Issue: My 2003 GMC Envoy recently passed 121,000 miles, and I still love it. I do a lot of fishing(retired) and a fair amount of towing. Not surprisingly, my transmission finally went out. I had the transmission rebuilt and it seems to be working fine. However, I was hosing down the underside the other day and a piece of hose fell out. I was about 6" long, broken off on one end and had a plastic cap on the other end. I took it to my parts guy and he said it was the end of a vent hose from either the differential, transfer case or transmission. I was able to locate the rear differential and front transfer case vent hoses and they were in tact. However, I haven't been able to locate the transmission vent hose. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the rebuild. My question is, can the vent hose be accessed without removing the transmission? If not I guess I will take it back to the shop and have them do it.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
:tiphat: :tiphat: Welcome :tiphat:

In case you haven't heard:
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/218-welcome-to-gmtnationcom-heres-the-story/

For the most part, the members here are the members that were banned on the OS.

From looking at the drawings in the service manual, the vent tube is on the top of the trans. Not easy to get to.
I'd check with the shop. They should replace it for you.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online