Hello all.

Eric04

Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Noob here and noob TB owner. Picked up a 2004 LT with 67000 miles on it about a month ago. I haven't had any issues with it aside from a clanky resonator, which is to say none at all. I'm appreciating the wealth of information here and have been trying get up to speed as quickly as possible since I'll be doing a lot of maintenance in order to know where I'm at with it. Thanks to everyone, and I plan to own this a long time so I may even chime in once I collect some first-hand knowledge.

Reactions: Mounce and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
TRAILBLAZER.gif
Welcome to the Nation!
TRAILBLAZER.gif
Chop that resonator off and get a nice tip welded in place :thumbsup:

Reactions: Eric04 and Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Eric04 said:
That's a good plan, Capote. Bugger gives a little feedback but not enough to annoy me yet. I definitely want to lose it by springtime though. :smile:
Indeed man, you should rid yourself of the huge stock muffler and swap it for a flowmaster or magnaflow :tongue: unless you're not into upgrading that

Reactions: Eric04 and Mounce

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Eric04 said:
I'm appreciating the wealth of information here and have been trying get up to speed as quickly as possible since I'll be doing a lot of maintenance in order to know where I'm at with it.
Welcome aboard! With 67K I would vote that the most important maintenance item would be changing the transfer case fluid (recommended every 50K but often neglected).

Eric04

Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
MAY03LT said:
Welcome aboard! With 67K I would vote that the most important maintenance item would be changing the transfer case fluid (recommended every 50K but often neglected).

Right on. It's going to be a process to get everything to zero point and doing that is near the top of the list. I'm still fighting the urge to throw out what could be perfectly good oil just because I don't know what kind it is. Heh. I've forever been a Valvoline guy but I'm gonna give Mobil 1 a go in this. Digging your YouTube channel, MAY03LT, so extra thank yous.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Howdy

Reactions: Eric04

Mark@PCMofNC

Jul 14, 2014
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Eric04

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member