heated seats only passanger/really need help

trailblazin06

Original poster
Member
Jan 6, 2013
29
I have a 2006 Chevy trailblazer lt I have controls for heated seat on the passanger side but not on the driver side
 

christo829

Member
Dec 7, 2011
507
Fairfax, Virginia
trailblazin06 said:
I have a 2006 Chevy trailblazer lt I have controls for heated seat on the passanger side but not on the driver side

The way this is written, it sounds like you don't have the control button on the driver's side. Is that what you mean, or
do you have the control button, it just does nothing? Passenger side works properly?

If no control button is present, someone may have replaced the controls with a set that doesn't include the seat
control...or....though rather drastic, replaced the seat and deleted the control. If you have the connector, just track down another
set of door controls.

If the button is present but doesn't work, first check the seat control plugs to make sure they're all firmly connected. Then
check this fuse in the rear (under seat) circuit block: CB8 30A Seats - Supplies voltage to the Driver Memory Seat Module
(this supplies the seat heaters with power). They're the big aluminum housing type circuit breakers. Do the seat memory buttons
work for you? Might have a breaker gone bad. You can check it with a meter.

A bit more detail, and we should be able to narrow it down. Also, look for Mooseman's supply of manuals here in GMTNation
and get the wiring diagram.

Good Luck-

Chris (EDIT: Who may have just scooped the Roadie, but got the circuit breaker detail wrong over the passenger's side seat working! D'oh!
Hope it's good wine, Bill! :smile: )
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
The control buttons went missing? :eek:

Or they are present and the function is not working?

The heated seats are run by a memory module under the driver's seat. It can't be a fuse or circuit breaker if one side works and not the other. So it's the memory module, the driver's door control module switches, the wiring under the seats, or the heating elements themselves that have gone south. Do you have a meter and some electrical troubleshooting experience? Can you read schematics?

EDIT: Did *I* just get scooped? Why yes, I did. I stopped to refill my wine glass before completing the response and look what happens.
 

trailblazin06

Original poster
Member
Jan 6, 2013
29
trailblazin06 said:
I have a 2006 Chevy trailblazer lt I have controls for heated seat on the passanger side but not on the driver side

the roadie said:
The control buttons went missing? :eek:

Or they are present and the function is not working?

The heated seats are run by a memory module under the driver's seat. It can't be a fuse or circuit breaker if one side works and not the other. So it's the memory module, the driver's door control module switches, the wiring under the seats, or the heating elements themselves that have gone south. Do you have a meter and some electrical troubleshooting experience? Can you read schematics?

EDIT: Did *I* just get scooped? Why yes, I did. I stopped to refill my wine glass before completing the response and look what happens.
There is no control button on the driver door panel
 

christo829

Member
Dec 7, 2011
507
Fairfax, Virginia
trailblazin06 said:
There is no control button on the driver door panel

Just to make sure, the passenger's side works properly? If so, then someone has "deleted" the
driver's side control. If the passenger's side does not work, make sure you've even got that option
in the truck (I think it's RPO code KA1, but please, someone who has the list handy correct me on that).
You note that you've got the controls on the passenger's side, but not that they function.

If they do, then make sure you've got the heater connectors for the driver's seat, and that all the other
functions for the seat work. If they do, then most likely all you need is to get a replacement switch. If they do all work,
you've got the RPO code and you don't have the connectors, someone has swapped out that seat for one that has no heater
circuits.

Maybe someone had a problem with the door controls, and couldn't get a full replacement set??

Cheers-

Chris
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,397
Posts
638,827
Members
18,611
Latest member
DirtEater73

Members Online