Amazon Product HDTV antenna

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Blckshdw

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
I cut the cable TV cord about 6 years ago and have not turned back. I still have cable for internet which saves me money. But when that does go out, I still have TV. I tried those type of omni directional Antennas before and did not get the results I wanted. I went to Antennaweb.org. Entered my address and it not only told me where all the broadcast towers where, it even recommended which direction antenna to buy. I did more research, but i am happy with my set up. Don't forget to take into account line of sight with trees and buildings. Hope it works for ya.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My problem is that I have two transmitting towers and both are within great reception. I was getting great reception from both but my cheap directional has been failing and dropping the signal. Checked a YT video on this one and it should fit the bill.

BTW, I'm posting this stuff here so that GMTN gets the advertising referral kickback to help the site.

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
understood. Just keep in mind to get the antenna as high as possible. Also use good quality RG6 cable and connectors at least if not Quad Shielded. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Given the odd scenario I just went through, something like this might come in handy since I cut the cable cord years ago too. Trying to watch stuff on my phone with poor cell service when the internet is down SUCKED! :bonk:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It was useful for us when we lost power, internet and cell so we could get the news while running the generator. Also worked when our internet and cell went out during the Rogers fiasco. I use it daily for local news and some programming that is not available over the internet.

Reactions: Redbeard and Joe_67

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have this unit..

Although buying it from eBay is MUCH cheaper.

That said, has great reviews, UHF and VHF integration, although it is powered. I get about 100+ OTA channels.

I have it placed in my attic, and no complaints at all.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, that was a bust. Will be returning it. It was worse than my cheapo Antop flat panel I got at Princess Auto in their surplus section. I put it back on and changed the orientation so the flat is pointing in between the two towers. It's now better than the more expensive Channel Master. All my channels are now 5/5 bars except for one that is 4/5. I previously had it pointed to the furthest tower but the closer tower I was having issues with.

And in case anyone is interested, this is the only place I could find it:

Could be an older model and it doesn't seem to be available in Canada. I'll be holding on to it.

Edit: After a rescan, I'm now picking up 3 US channels (2 PBS and NHK-World) but they are very weak and unwatchable. Never got them before.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.