Happy easter from afghanistan

4wVoy

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Just thought I would say Happy Easter to my GMT family. For you that don't know, I was recently back state side for my R&R and while I was there I stopped into Target. As I was browsing their dollar section I found some goodies to bring back with me to create a little laughter and morale for my guys. I snapped a couple pics for you to enjoy. Again, Happy Easter from myself and my crew out here in Afghani Land. Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys their company they have as we are doing out here.

Of course they have to mess with the boss a little for making them wear those ridiculous looking ears
IMG_1115.jpg

Here is about as serious as they get.
IMG_1117.jpg

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
4wVoy said:
Just thought I would say Happy Easter to my GMT family. For you that don't know, I was recently back state side for my R&R and while I was there I stopped into Target. As I was browsing their dollar section I found some goodies to bring back with me to create a little laughter and morale for my guys. I snapped a couple pics for you to enjoy. Again, Happy Easter from myself and my crew out here in Afghani Land. Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys their company they have as we are doing out here.

Of course they have to mess with the boss a little for making them wear those ridiculous looking ears
IMG_1115.jpg

Here is about as serious as they get.
IMG_1117.jpg

Happy bunny hunting season day to you too. :biggrin:

Welcome back home brother. :thumbsup:

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
happy Easter... are you over in Kandahar? are you a civi contractor? i was over with Cancap on the Kandahar base and was looking at going back over for another contractor... miss the dust lol

4wVoy

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
hitman said:
happy Easter... are you over in Kandahar? are you a civi contractor? i was over with Cancap on the Kandahar base and was looking at going back over for another contractor... miss the dust lol

Nope, K-town would be an upgrade lol. No running water, no shore power, dirt roads, the FOB is tent city. I am at Shank, just south of Kabul. Yes I am a civilian contractor playing with UAV's. Have about 8 months over here so far minus my month of R&R, probably be out here for a little bit. Can't beat the paycheck :biggrin:

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
4wVoy said:
Nope, K-town would be an upgrade lol. No running water, no shore power, dirt roads, the FOB is tent city. I am at Shank, just south of Kabul. Yes I am a civilian contractor playing with UAV's. Have about 8 months over here so far minus my month of R&R, probably be out here for a little bit. Can't beat the paycheck :biggrin:

Ahh bummer lol would be tough man was rough enough with running water and power, nice man miss the bike ride to work getting passed my mwraps and stuff...good luck i did 8 months and was really the time of my life met some cool people got to do some cool stuff(drive a leo tank)
I made a contact with a guy from ATCO and he was hinting at getting me over to inspect the hazmat storage sites, i was more less the hazmat disposal guy for the Canadian closeout.
Best of luck and happy easter

4wVoy

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
hitman said:
Ahh bummer lol would be tough man was rough enough with running water and power, nice man miss the bike ride to work getting passed my mwraps and stuff...good luck i did 8 months and was really the time of my life met some cool people got to do some cool stuff(drive a leo tank)
I made a contact with a guy from ATCO and he was hinting at getting me over to inspect the hazmat storage sites, i was more less the hazmat disposal guy for the Canadian closeout.
Best of luck and happy easter

all said and done i should have 18-24 months over here, it could be worse but could be better

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
4wVoy said:
all said and done i should have 18-24 months over here, it could be worse but could be better

long stretch man kudos to you and all of you over there...

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Happy Easter to you and the guys!

Stay safe.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Same here!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members