Got a new daily driver...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Guess I'll post this now since it's been a wk already :crackup:... and yes I still have the beaSSt. She's still in hibernation :yes:

After 15 years of being in my family (my mom bought it brand new in 2000 with 3 miles and I took it over in 2011 with 124k miles), I sold my 2001 Grand Prix GT and bought myself a new 2014 Chevy Cruze RS LTZ. It was bitter sweet seeing my Grand Prix drive off with someone else behind the wheel as it was the best car we've ever owned, but it was time to move on, time for someone else to enjoy it, and time for me to spend some of the money that I work so hard for (I work 2 jobs at around 70 hours a week).

Here she is, 2014 Cruze RS LTZ with every single option from Chevy. Sunroof, Pioneer 6 speaker audio system, heated leather seats, 7" touch screen My Link head unit, bluetooth, mobile hotspot, Pandora, back up camera, XM Satelite, OnStar, Auto HVAC controls, telescopic/tilt wheel, remote start, push button start (no key for the vehicle, just a remote to lock doors and start the car), 18" Alloy spoke wheels, front facia, side skirts, and rear spoiler with the 1.4L Turbo EcoTec Motor. I'm sure I'm forgetting some options, but you get the idea lol... Overall I'm extremely satisfied with my decision. I love the color even though my favorite is blue (I test drove the blue one they had and took it to my brother who was an auto collision tech for 15 years. When he looked at it, he could tell it was resprayed and involved in a front end altercation. So for it being a new car, i did not like the fact that it was already repainted so I passed on it) and it is surprisingly peppy for a 4 cyl. You can definetly feel when the turbo spools and gives you full boost.

10153037894_zps0frwmzze.jpg

20150322_194354_zpsjq1gc2rz.jpg

20150322_162601_zpsxjwdgf5v.jpg

20150319_115101_zpsxnkpk2pf.jpg

20150319_115053_zpsj8rozoqd.jpg

This was my Grand Prix GT

20150308_125225_zpsd026fibw.jpg

20130926_141621_zpstws0uet7.jpg

20150308_125346_zpsa5afwm4c.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats! I personally love the red. My lil bro has an RS and has had great luck with it.

Reactions: Boricua SS

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thx Kyle. The red grew more and more on me as the day went on when I was deciding which one to pick. It just stands out more. Has more sheen to it :rotfl: plus my brother helped me decide when he discovered the blue one was repainted.

Good to know about your brothers success. Hopefully I can avoid all these recalls going on lol

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thx Mounce [emoji106]

Reactions: Mounce

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Congrats. :thumbsup:
looks and sounds like a great buy.
you may not notice right now (because of driving the GP) but you will greatly appreciate the ease of entry into the
SS next fall when you put her away and get back into the Cruze.
my wife had a cobalt and i hated getting in and out of it just to move it.
or maybe i'm just old and spoiled :undecided:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Nice new toy. [emoji2]

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Nice Cruze... and trim level! Nothing better than having all the options :yes: . Hard work always pays off. I hope you have a grin form ear to ear when you're driving it around. Now you get to choose from two awesome Chevy's when you want to go out for a cruise.

Congrats on the purchase :thumbsup:

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Congrats. My Tb is red jewel tint and has a mean shine when it is all waxed up. I had a Cruze last week when the TB was getting a new transfer case. That little I-4 engine is wicked fast. I beat the crap out of it for a week and still got over 30 mpg.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fletch09 said:
Congrats. [emoji106]
looks and sounds like a great buy.
you may not notice right now (because of driving the GP) but you will greatly appreciate the ease of entry into the
SS next fall when you put her away and get back into the Cruze.
my wife had a cobalt and i hated getting in and out of it just to move it.
or maybe i'm just old and spoiled :undecided:
Oh I notice it already. Thank God for the telescopic wheel :rotfl:. Definetly sits lower than my Grand Prix but it also has a lot more interior room and head space which is why I bought it as well. I just couldn't believe the amount of room inside this car. I never have any passengers so back seat space doesn't concern me. But yes you're right, I'll be loving my SS here in a few weeks when it gets warmer :crackup:
littleblazer said:
Nice new toy. [emoji2]
Thank you!
Denali n DOO said:
Nice Cruze... and trim level! Nothing better than having all the options :yes: . Hard work always pays off. I hope you have a grin form ear to ear when you're driving it around. Now you get to choose from two awesome Chevy's when you want to go out for a cruise.

Congrats on the purchase [emoji106]
I do grin every time that little turbo spools up and plants me firmly in the seat lol. This is exactly what I wanted. The special wheels only come on the RS Cruze's that have the LTZ trim package so a LTZ it had to be. I hate any other wheel on the Cruze.
rcam81 said:
Congrats. My Tb is red jewel tint and has a mean shine when it is all waxed up. I had a Cruze last week when the TB was getting a new transfer case. That little I-4 engine is wicked fast. I beat the crap out of it for a week and still got over 30 mpg.
You and me both. I gotta take it easy so this thing lasts me about 10 years haha....
dmanns67 said:
The Cruze looks awesome. I love that color.
Thx bro. The more I drive it and the more I look at it, the red is really growing on me and it instintaly drew my eyes to it over the blue one they had.
DAlastDON said:
Nice. Interior looks like a spaceship.
Classic new Chevy's lol...

Edit... With buying a new vehicle, you get 6 months of free XM Satalite and OnStar. OnStar has the OnStar RemoteLink app for your Android or Apple phone/tablets. This app is f*****g amazing! It knows all of my vehciles information and I can remote start/locate my car from my phone! The best part, if I use the app within the first 30 days of buying my car, I get the service for free for 5 years! Winning! Lol

Screenshot_2015-03-25-15-09-01_zps1gkbyawu.png

Screenshot_2015-03-25-15-09-04_zpsffdjsz9j.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online