Good Paper Air Filter

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Iv searched the forums but still am not satisfied so I started my own. Im looking for a really good paper air filter. At the moment I dont feel like dealing with reusable ones/cleanable ones. Im looking for a good paper air filter that does a great job at filtering any dirt and small particles and also doesnt have a negative impact on my hp/mpg more than what crappy airfilter would. Any help would be great!

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
It appears that the Amsoil is a very good filter. I wonder if its design is designed well to allow good air flow and have maximum filtration or if it achieves its good filtration by being 3 feet thick and slowing airflow :rotfl: Ill see what I can find. Thanks, that was very helpfull.:thumbsup:

Rudeawakening

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
One thing iv found out about information on oil, oil filters, airfilter ect, is that theres always something that says there great and than theres allways something that says there crap.

I bought a Napa gold air filter today. My old one was a frame and it had at least 26,000 miles on it. When I took it off, the interior of the filter and tube where very very clean. I know iv seen alot of reviews about frame making crappy oil filters but it seems like they make a good air filter but with that being said I dont know how restrictive it is. Iv heard alot of good things about Napa Gold (Wix) Filters, so $23 later, I have a new air filter.

Driving home I noticed on my DIC an increase of about 1-2 mpg, but im pretty sure thats only becuase its clean, not necessarily more effiecent, like meerschm said :tongue:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online