Gmtnation Instagram page

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Just to extend out the social network community I created a Instagram page. If you guys don't want me to I can close the account. But the name is gmtnationgram. You can email pictures to the email made for it is gmtnationgram@gmail.com. Also use #gmtnationgram. Pictures of anything GMT is welcome.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I love the idea and will follow it. But just one problem, why not name it gmtnation instead of gmtnatiogram? Gmtnation is an available name on there and I think if anyone searches for the account they won't think to add gram to the end unless they see this post. Although, your page does show up under a search for gmtnation.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Mounce said:
I love the idea and will follow it. But just one problem, why not name it gmtnation instead of gmtnatiogram? Gmtnation is an available name on there and I think if anyone searches for the account they won't think to add gram to the end unless they see this post. Although, your page does show up under a search for gmtnation.
When I was making the account it can't saying there was an account with gmtnation. Which wasn't true.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
That's odd. But alright man, it's a good idea and I followed it. I'll look through my pictures and see if I have a good one to email in.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I'd think it would be a good thing to make sure somebody on staff here knows how to administer the page, in case you don't have time and it starts to get spammed or something. Consider that.

We just had issues with some folks who put up a Trailvoy FB page. We want the OS to die off, not have its name perpetuated.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Mounce said:
That's odd. But alright man, it's a good idea and I followed it. I'll look through my pictures and see if I have a good one to email in.
Ah I was able to switch the name to GMTnation after installing Instagram again.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
The_Roadie said:
I'd think it would be a good thing to make sure somebody on staff here knows how to administer the page, in case you don't have time and it starts to get spammed or something. Consider that.

We just had issues with some folks who put up a Trailvoy FB page. We want the OS to die off, not have its name perpetuated.
Will do Roadie! I was thinking of doing that.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Just got instagram a month or so ago and it really just does not impress me.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Just got instagram a month or so ago and it really just does not impress me.
It's become a social network in its own way. Which usually happens after Facebook buys something lol

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
demy3yny.jpg

Seems like it's doing better than I thought it will! But please guys use GMTnations gallery section also! I know I will when I start using my dslr

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400118694.659301.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400118694.659301.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Mounce said:
Seems to be going well, sometimes I'll see strings of 10+ pictures that people have sent to you lol.
Sometimes I wish I could sign on more often. School and work always makes it hard.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah, I figured that's why the pictures seem to pile up like that. I don't find it to be a big deal though since you do get around to everyone so I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: kjkim93

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Crap. I forgot about Instagram when I got a new phone and never downloaded it.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I notice a lot of the same pictures via ORTB, TrailBlazer Crew, and GMTN accounts. Thats awesome there are that many groups out there. I believe the ORTB account on IG is somewhat new.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
dmanns67 said:
I notice a lot of the same pictures via ORTB, TrailBlazer Crew, and GMTN accounts. Thats awesome there are that many groups out there. I believe the ORTB account on IG is somewhat new.
Yeah we kinda started to tag each other. So we can share pictures. For gmtnation I figured might as well include all.

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Any idea who just started the USAGMTNATION page on Instagram? Name on the page is Mike. Not sure if he is affiliated with this site or did not know that GMTNation already had an official Instagram page.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
May be a guy from MI. Will look.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online