Gm surprises me with covered repair... 06 pontiac g6 w/117k

DARKASS04EXT

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I had my Cat Conv. go bad on my 06 Pontiac G6 w/ 117k miles on it. I called ANCHOR Buick/GMC (used to be pontiac) in Elkton MD, and told me they could replace it up to 120k miles. I was shocked they would cover it especially since my Extended GM warranty expired @ 75k miles. So i get a call from the shop manager that the 02 sensor that mounts in the exhaust manifold was damaged and needed to order a replacement for tomorrow. I almost lucked out, thought i had one at home but it was the downflow sensor instead. So now looks like ill be $200 out the door, still not bad since the CAT is about $400-500, plus the sensor that broke and that's not installed. I'm clueless why GM would make the Cat Conv and exhaust manifold as 1 unit. Still feel like the stealership is pulling one on me, but 200 for a new cat assembly, sensor and install guess i cant complain. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ironicallly, this just happened to my DD, 2001 GP GT... no waranty, but had a clogged cat issue

i started losing alot of power, and the trans was slipping and not even shifting in some instances... turned out to be a clogged cat...

GM cat was $433 (my dads cost since he works at the dealership) and local auto parts stores quoted $399 for a universal one... naturally i wanted GM so we wouldnt have to modify anything in case the universal one didnt fit right..., so the work was approved, and then my dad calls me... said the O2 sensor was rusted into the pipe and i need a new pipe and new O2 sensor as well... so $800 later, my car is back to normal.. and thats with my dads discount :eek:, i cant imagine what it would be without it...

that cat sure does cause alot of trouble when its clogged :hissyfit:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Boricua SS said:
ironicallly,

Even more ironically, today I was talking about your recent dealership experience to a customer at my work. I didn't give up name/address or anything like that, more of proving that in some cases the dealer service department can do good things, even if it's 1% of the time.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
MAY03LT said:
Even more ironically, today I was talking about your recent dealership experience to a customer at my work. I didn't give up name/address or anything like that, more of proving that in some cases the dealer service department can do good things, even if it's 1% of the time.

exactly why i developed the realtionship i did with the dealership... i always read horrror stories about how dealerships try and screw you... this one will continue to have my business...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Boricua SS said:
exactly why i developed the realtionship i did with the dealership... i always read horrror stories about how dealerships try and screw you... this one will continue to have my business...

Right on! The customer had a Sequoia that needed a throttle body (over $1000 from the dealer - wtf) and when we discussed if he was "cool" with the dealer, he mentioned that he drove it off the lot and never went back again. Needless to say, they won't be covering the repair.

DARKASS04EXT

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
MAY03LT said:
he mentioned that he drove it off the lot and never went back again. Needless to say, they won't be covering the repair.

one of the 1st things the service writer asked me was if i bought it from them, he verified I did then said he could help.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online