Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
BOOM!!.. Nice addition

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
20 hp added and respect level went up... Slightly :rotfl:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Very cool. I just hope that Jeff will be putting some of those out in the color changing vinyl. :yes: :dance:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ghoster said:
It just sort of appeared there.... I think Santa did it.

He's one sneaky dude alright. Hope you were able to thank him :wink:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Want.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looks Good!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
fletch09 said:
will there be a write up on this?
Indeed. I need an illustrated how-to article with pictures because I'm a "visual learner".

Visual learning, feh. Overused buzzphrase for kids who are going to be unprepared for complex adult processes that don't come with cheat codes or comic book assembly instructions.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did you have to remove the glass to complete this mod:confused:

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Did you have to remove the glass to complete this mod:confused:

Of course! Is there another way to do it?:laugh:

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
djthumper said:
Yeah you could have gotten a new glass. :raspberry:

I considered this! But where was I going to get a new window on Christmas day?? So instead I just cut that section out of the window, applied the decal, then used a special method to weld the glass back together. You can't even see the seam!

AnimateDeath

Jan 29, 2012
Ghoster said:
I considered this! But where was I going to get a new window on Christmas day?? So instead I just cut that section out of the window, applied the decal, then used a special method to weld the glass back together. You can't even see the seam!

I'm not too sure that this is a "special" method. Welding glass back together is kinda easy if you have the right stuff for it. You take 1 cup of sand, 1 small tube of super glue, a pocket torch (zippo lighter will do in a pinch but takes longer), 3 tablespoons of "roadie" blood, and a few hairs from the armpit of blckshdw. Heat all together in to a fine paste, apply to glass edge, then quickly hold pieces together for 30 seconds.

The glass will get very hot because of the "roadie" blood in it, but this is normal. The seam will vanish after cooling.

Oddly enough, "roadie blood" and "blckshdw pit hair" is also the main ingredients needed to perform the elusive "I6 to V8 exhaust sound mod".

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4Q2 Motorsports

Members Online