Getting windows tinted Saturday

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
I will be getting my windows tinted Saturday and I am deciding between 20% and 35%, Will 20% bring too much attention to my truck? If you guys have any pics that would be awsome! Thank you!
Trent
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
03envoy said:
I will be getting my windows tinted Saturday and I am deciding between 20% and 35%, Will 20% bring too much attention to my truck? If you guys have any pics that would be awsome! Thank you!
Trent

20% has gotten me a ticket already :crackup:... I'll see if I have a pic for you... my brother has 35% on his TB and I dig it... but I wanted to match my rear.. so I went 20%
 

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
Boricua SS said:
20% has gotten me a ticket already :crackup:... I'll see if I have a pic for you... my brother has 35% on his TB and I dig it... but I wanted to match my rear.. so I went 20%


Damn, sorry to hear that. How much is that ticket? And do they make you remove it? Thanks
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
03envoy said:
Damn, sorry to hear that. How much is that ticket? And do they make you remove it? Thanks

I paid $115... and no they didn't.. the stipulation was, either remove the tint for no fine, or leave it on and pay the fine... I jus paid the fine as I'm not from the city that gave me the ticket... where I live, po po really don't care... meaning, they won't pull you over just because your windws are tinted.. but if you are pulld over and are acting like a D*** to them, then they'll slap you with a tint ticket..
 

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
Boricua SS said:
I paid $115... and no they didn't.. the stipulation was, either remove the tint for no fine, or leave it on and pay the fine... I jus paid the fine as I'm not from the city that gave me the ticket... where I live, po po really don't care... meaning, they won't pull you over just because your windws are tinted.. but if you are pulld over and are acting like a D*** to them, then they'll slap you with a tint ticket..


Lucky! Haha I wish it was just a one time fine of $115 you know? I bet idiots recked it for us, hiding illegal things with tint, so cops can't see....
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
03envoy said:
Lucky! Haha I wish it was just a one time fine of $115 you know? I bet idiots recked it for us, hiding illegal things with tint, so cops can't see....

Yup.. one bad apple spoils a bunch!! Here is the best pic I coul find... hope this helps...

sittinjustright.jpg
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088

Attachments

  • FireShot Screen Capture #011 - '2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - mechanicsville, MD owned by pimprol.jpg
    FireShot Screen Capture #011 - '2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - mechanicsville, MD owned by pimprol.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 18
  • FireShot Screen Capture #012 - '2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - mechanicsville, MD owned by pimprol.jpg
    FireShot Screen Capture #012 - '2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - mechanicsville, MD owned by pimprol.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 18
  • FireShot Screen Capture #009 - '2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - mechanicsville, MD owned by pimprol.jpg
    FireShot Screen Capture #009 - '2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - mechanicsville, MD owned by pimprol.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 17

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! I may go with 20% just not sure yet. My dad drives the truck alot so it's part his decision too. Thanks!
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088
I will say, that at night visibility through the side windows can be diminished quite a bit depending on the area you are driving. Not a huge issue for me, but depending on the area's you drive it may not be an issue for you.

I have seen people get the front 35% and the rear 20%. Im thinking about getting mine redone at 5% in the rear and 20$ for the front 2.
 

STLtrailbSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,617
20% front Black% in the back lol
IMAG0171-1.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg
 

STLtrailbSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,617
TexazReece said:
hmmm if I went with my front 2 20%, I wonder how many tickets will I receive here in Texas

Around here in the city where I live the cops could care less they have real problems to deal with, now in the county those cops have NOTHING to do so I worry a bit more out there.
 

kardain

Member
Dec 16, 2011
557
35% F and 20% R on clear glass if you need a point of comparison.

20aca706-ce44-bdff.jpg


I'd post my TB, but it just has the factory tint on the rear glass....
 

Matt

Member
Dec 2, 2011
4,030
I got 20% on my front drivers and passengers to match the rest of the truck. I've had it on for well over a year now and have never had a problem, even when a cruiser pulls up beside me.
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
I like my 20% front since it matches quite well. 35 is legal limit here, but never been harassed for 20%
 

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
HARDTRAILZ said:
I like my 20% front since it matches quite well. 35 is legal limit here, but never been harassed for 20%

Yes, I want to get the 20% but, The cops in the city next to me arent friendly. Just stucks, Because its a chance I know a ton of people that have dark tints but its alwasy another reason for a ticket....Tough decision...
 

Short Bus

Member
Dec 2, 2011
1,906
I have 35% and a 5% sun strip

P1000390.jpg


P1000389.jpg
 

animal

Member
Dec 4, 2011
991
35 on the front with a 5% strip. I have actually been pulled over and checked 2 times because the thought it was to dark.

View attachment 18620
 

Attachments

  • transfers from old pc 147.jpg
    transfers from old pc 147.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 9
  • transfers from old pc 152.jpg
    transfers from old pc 152.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 7

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
Macomb County and Oakland and all of them like to pull people over for tints! The city police LOVEE to pull over for it because they suck and cannot really pull over for anything else lol now you get pulled over for any tint, so if your gonna get pulled might as well make it for what you want! if you want 20% go for it, it will match the rear and will look good! So my vote is for 20%, my buddy has 20% on the front and tinted tails and stuff and go pulled over once but got a warning! He was in the macomb area also!

What place are you going to get them done? I know that there are place that will charge a bit more but will pull the tint off if you get a ticket and then put them back on after ticket is gone for free since you paid up front! Look for a place like that
 

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
ItsOnVoy said:
Macomb County and Oakland and all of them like to pull people over for tints! The city police LOVEE to pull over for it because they suck and cannot really pull over for anything else lol now you get pulled over for any tint, so if your gonna get pulled might as well make it for what you want! if you want 20% go for it, it will match the rear and will look good! So my vote is for 20%, my buddy has 20% on the front and tinted tails and stuff and go pulled over once but got a warning! He was in the macomb area also!

What place are you going to get them done? I know that there are place that will charge a bit more but will pull the tint off if you get a ticket and then put them back on after ticket is gone for free since you paid up front! Look for a place like that


Being A High school student, I have decided against doing it, I talked to a buddy of mine and He is a cop and he had 20% all around on his charger, A police officer pulled him over and Gave Him a ticket even though he is a police officer. The law is stupid but, Once I can afford the tickets I will net be getting the tint. I Do have sensitive eyes so maybe I can get the doctor to get my a note, But for now I will be tintless.

Thanks for everybodies help! I very much appreciate it and the the time you guys took to put the pics in the thread. Thank you!
Trent
 

TexazReece

Member
Dec 4, 2011
1,341
03envoy said:
Being A High school student, I have decided against doing it, I talked to a buddy of mine and He is a cop and he had 20% all around on his charger, A police officer pulled him over and Gave Him a ticket even though he is a police officer. The law is stupid but, Once I can afford the tickets I will net be getting the tint. I Do have sensitive eyes so maybe I can get the doctor to get my a note, But for now I will be tintless.

Thanks for everybodies help! I very much appreciate it and the the time you guys took to put the pics in the thread. Thank you!
Trent

smart move but I think I will :bump:
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
TexazReece said:
smart move but I think I will :bump:

:iagree: It is a smart choice to leave them alone!! I was in the same position as you before also and kept hearing how people get pulled over and asked cops and said forget. I do not want any headache you know! This summer I will working on a list of mods most likely and you do not live to far from me! So let me know if you want to work on our trucks together :thumbsup:
 

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
ItsOnVoy said:
:iagree: It is a smart choice to leave them alone!! I was in the same position as you before also and kept hearing how people get pulled over and asked cops and said forget. I do not want any headache you know! This summer I will working on a list of mods most likely and you do not live to far from me! So let me know if you want to work on our trucks together :thumbsup:


Thanks for the offer! Haha, I got to get some more cash flow for some mods! Haha but I got alot of maintenance to do! All fluids and Oxygen sensors.
 

Short Bus

Member
Dec 2, 2011
1,906
03envoy said:
Thanks for the offer! Haha, I got to get some more cash flow for some mods! Haha but I got alot of maintenance to do! All fluids and Oxygen sensors.

IDK what you've done to your truck, but there are some cheap mods that can be done for $10 or $20, and sometimes FREE
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
03envoy said:
Thanks for the offer! Haha, I got to get some more cash flow for some mods! Haha but I got alot of maintenance to do! All fluids and Oxygen sensors.

Yeah cash is a biggie for me also!! I am looking to do really cheap mods and save the big dollars for my next car! :yes:
 

Cable810

Member
Dec 5, 2011
690
I think Michigan has the worst TINT Law :hissyfit:. My friend had tint(dunno what %) on his Sunfire, got a fix it ticket, took it off. Now he got a perscription claiming that he gets headachs from the sun while driving, pretty much everytime driving he is wearing sunglasses unless its dark out LOL. He has never said anything about having a headache when he comes over and the sun is wayyyyy bright. So I can only assume.... He (I think) is gunna go as dark as he can. If I could do tint I would go 40%-50%, But my dad is a State Trooper, and no he will not just LET me get tint or get a perscription. Plus living in a small town and your dad a State Trooper with everyone knowing who is your dad.........
 

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah cash is a biggie for me also!! I am looking to do really cheap mods and save the big dollars for my next car! :yes:

Yep, Haha. Acually I have the same plan as you! I am planning on getting a f-250. Some mods will be in question. Cause I dont want to dump alot into this truck but, I want to make it last.

Sorry off topic.... haha
 

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
Cable810 said:
I think Michigan has the worst TINT Law :hissyfit:. My friend had tint(dunno what %) on his Sunfire, got a fix it ticket, took it off. Now he got a perscription claiming that he gets headachs from the sun while driving, pretty much everytime driving he is wearing sunglasses unless its dark out LOL. He has never said anything about having a headache when he comes over and the sun is wayyyyy bright. So I can only assume.... He (I think) is gunna go as dark as he can. If I could do tint I would go 40%-50%, But my dad is a State Trooper, and no he will not just LET me get tint or get a perscription. Plus living in a small town and your dad a State Trooper with everyone knowing who is your dad.........


Yep.. That wouldnt be to fun, More strict rules haha
 

Lima Tango

Member
Dec 4, 2011
242
Tint is the first thing I do when I acquire a new vehicle, makes the car or truck look soooo much better plus I hate when homeless people stare at me through clear windows. In Idaho the law was 35% front, 20% rear, but I went with 20% in front to match the stock rear tint. Spent years in idaho with that tint with zero issues; now in California still haven't had any issues. I still have my idaho plates on and I drive conservatively so that may be a factor.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
03envoy said:
Yep, Haha. Acually I have the same plan as you! I am planning on getting a f-250. Some mods will be in question. Cause I dont want to dump alot into this truck but, I want to make it last.

Sorry off topic.... haha

Yeah I made two big mods and never again I will put that much money in the truck again!! I change my HU which I had to because the factory one broke lol but what I regret getting is the starter to be honest!! I thought I wouldn't but I kind of did, could have went cheaper and skipped all the extras you know! But I agree I want to make the truck last also and make it look nicer then the boring envoys I see every time I drive! lol Mods on the next car will be to a min!!! Prob only LEDs :biggrin: Those 250's are huge loll why such a big truck?
 

03envoy

Original poster
Member
Dec 25, 2011
537
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah I made two big mods and never again I will put that much money in the truck again!! I change my HU which I had to because the factory one broke lol but what I regret getting is the starter to be honest!! I thought I wouldn't but I kind of did, could have went cheaper and skipped all the extras you know! But I agree I want to make the truck last also and make it look nicer then the boring envoys I see every time I drive! lol Mods on the next car will be to a min!!! Prob only LEDs :biggrin: Those 250's are huge loll why such a big truck?

It's got alot of torque, and I want a good offroad vechical. The gmt platform isn't sufficient for what I want to do. But, I will be putting a lift on this summer:crazy: lol. I need to tow some big trailers up north and I want a truck for that so I won't just be using a sled on the trails, my truck too! Lmao:rotfl:
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
03envoy said:
It's got alot of torque, and I want a good offroad vechical. The gmt platform isn't sufficient for what I want to do. But, I will be putting a lift on this summer:crazy: lol. I need to tow some big trailers up north and I want a truck for that so I won't just be using a sled on the trails, my truck too! Lmao:rotfl:

haha ohh okay got you!! for off roading I wouldn't really go with a 250 but for towing and stuff that would be great for that!!
 

elballz12

Member
Jan 23, 2012
78
I got mine done yesterday with 20% over everything and then 50% on my windshield. I like it a lot here are some picsView attachment 18712
 

Attachments

  • 100_0605.jpg
    100_0605.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0604.jpg
    100_0604.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_0602.jpg
    100_0602.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_0599.jpg
    100_0599.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,442
Posts
639,385
Members
18,664
Latest member
SooMenn22

Members Online