Gas prices

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
My WI Shell station is $2.67/gal before discounts. Closer to home, $3.02 is listed at several stations.

Probably within a week, it'll be under $3/gal locally, the way it's been dropping.

I had predicted it would fall, but it's dropped farther than I imagined it would. But this is the time of year you'd expect prices to drop (economy tightening, less driving, winter blend).

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
But I don't get why diesel has to be so much more damned expensive. Well, I do get why after I saw a video however I can't find it anymore. Found this video that explains it well:

The other video (that is no longer available) basically said that diesel was being exported to Europe because of crazy Vlad's war, that the reason the shut down refineries aren't coming back online is because there is no incentive to do so because of increased EV production.

Gasoline has been going down recently because of demand destruction, similar to what happened at the height of the pandemic and is still lower due to a lot of people still working from home, however, diesel is still being used to move stuff. And with winter coming, there is higher heating fuel demand, which is basically diesel fuel. So that's why gas is going down but diesel, along with all the stuff it moves, is still going up.

And that's why I'm using the TB more, even though it's less fuel efficient than my new diesel, and it doesn't cost $200 to fill.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well crap, had to open my big mouth. Gas just jumped from $1.24 to 1.35/L and diesel from $2.02 to 2.15/L :mad:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online