FYI- Colorado+Canyon Recall

gmac310

Dec 4, 2011
How the hell does someone forget to install a secondary hood latch for almost three years?!!? :eek:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It is probably part of the latch assembly. Whether it is a GM goof or a supplier goof (i.e. the supplier wasn't making the latch assembly correctly) I have no idea. But I can see how it would go unnoticed on the vehicle assembly line.

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
Silly question I know, but is it even possible someone could own a vehicle for three years and never realize it was missing the secondary latch?

It's not like it is missing a bolt or two; the entire assembly is just not there. Did they all think that when they pop the hood, it goes up without having to release a secondary latch was, like, a great new feature?

Honestly, I am surprised people can count to four to make sure all their tires are there.

Even if they are too dumb to ever pop the hood, is it possible their mechanics never noticed? The dealer mechanics never noticed? The plant inspectors never noticed?

Yeah, I know. Silly question.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Apparently most people didn't notice :crazy:

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
So I just read the recall info

Correction
Dealers are to inspect for the presence of the secondary hood latch. If the latch is missing, dealers are to replace the hood. :eek:

The pictures included show its not the latch but the piece that the latch catches on the hood that is missing. So its not an easy fix. The piece is marked 2 in the photo.

Attachments

• 3228830.jpg
    3228830.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 24

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online