Fuse Box

Mike

Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Does anyone know if there's any hidden fuse boxes in a 2003 TB LT EXT, or a 2007 Suburban LTZ? When I plug in my trailer, of the brake/blinker lights do not come one. On the TB its the passenger side, on the Sub its the driver side. I checked the trailer plug on the vehicles and have found that there is no power on the terminals associated with the light that isnt working. I checked fuses under the hood. All are ok. I wanna say that I've heard of there being hidden fuse boxes. If there isnt a secret fuse blown, then I have no clue where to look next. I do know for a fact that my boat trailer had some shorts. I used both vehicles to tow the boat. My Chevy work van worked fine so I know its the vehicles.

Thanks in advance!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
In the TB there's a fuse box under the back (middle for EXT/XL's) seat on the left (drivers) side.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The fuse boxes and descriptions are all discussed in the owner's manuals. If you got slimed and the vehicle didn't come with a manual, GM gives PDFs away here: Chevrolet Owner Manuals - Factory Warranty, features and options, and maintenance explained Or you can buy them on Ebay and various other places if you need hard copy.

But the descriptions in the owner's manual are not always the best, since the tech writers were in bed with some insane circuit designers, and the terms they used were often the designer's and not useful to the owners. Such as reading light fuse being labeled as "TBC2" or similar useless name. Useless unless you read the service manual and find out that "TBC" stands for "truck body controller" which is discussed everywhere else in the manual as the "BCM" or "body control module" but they should have just used the functional name "Reading Lights" on the fuse box label and the owner's manual. :hissyfit:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
The '07 'burb will have a fuse panel at the end of the dash (driver's side). Open the door, it's right there.

Don't remember where the trailer fuses are, and manuals are not close by.

Mike

Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
I havent check the TB yet but I did check the Suburban. All fuses in both boxes (under hood and dash) look Ok. Any suggestions on what/where to look next? Could it be more than a fuse?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Which specific lamps are dead on the trailblazer? If the normal brake lights and turn signals work, then the only two things that it can be are the fuses, or the flasher control module that does the work of combining the separate brake and turn signal voltages into a wire that feeds the trailer lamps.

Trailer running lights are fused by the REAR fuse block, fuse #42.

Trailer right turn lamp is under the HOOD fuse #50. Left turn is HOOD fuse #51.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amri

Members Online