Fullsize GMT Led mod thread

00brado

Active Member
Ok I want to start this on off. I want to see all the led/s that you have done to your ride. It don't matter who did it you or some wone else's work or your work on a mother gmt. It does have to be on a gmt throw because this of course is the gmtnation web sight.

I'll start it off.

I did all the inside incandescent light bulbs that can be changed. And I also did the dome light. And I also changed the gauge clusters to blue led lights. That's just my beginning of my big led mod's to come.

View attachment 21380
View attachment 21379
View attachment 21381
 

Attachments

BO TIE SS

Well-Known Member
STLtrailbSS said:
We do actually have an LED thread
But it's in the 360 section and he has a full size. This thread will remain.
 
OP
OP
00brado

00brado

Active Member
BO TIE SS said:
But it's in the 360 section and he has a full size. This thread will remain.


thank you verry much sir.

now can we see some full size led mods?
 

STLtrailbSS

Well-Known Member
JESUS!!:no: my fault! I read this from the New Post section! :eek:<Dont Mind Me The Resident Moron.


Regardless Nice Leds!
 
OP
OP
00brado

00brado

Active Member
STLtrailbSS said:
JESUS!!:no: my fault! I read this from the New Post section! :eek:<Dont Mind Me The Resident Moron.


Regardless Nice Leds!

thanks. i had a 03 tb ltz that had just about as much led mods but that went to the ex and now i have lots of work a head of me on the rado. i have to catch up to my buddy blckshdw . hes a good buddy of mine and respect his work. he in spired me to led any thing i own. good man he is.
 

Irishboy02

Well-Known Member
LED switchbacks in the parking lights (white / amber). LED amber corner lights. Soon LED roof clearance lights.


 

marinegrunt

Well-Known Member
My wife has an Envoy and I have a Sierra. Last week I changed all her cluster, hvac controls, 4 wheel drive selector, rear wiper, headlight control, steering wheel controls, rear hvac control, window and lock switches, seat memory buttons, etc with pink leds. I thought it turned out pretty good so I decided to change all mine out with blue. I don't have nearly the number of buttons and switches that the Envoy has so it was quite a bit easier. In the Sierra I changed the stock radio, hvac controller, passenger airbag switch, 4 wheel drive buttons, fog light button, headlight control, window and lock switches, and had the cluster done when I sent it off for repair. I just wish the hvac controller would light up a little more. It has a this light plastic covering the numbers and fan settings so it's not as bright as everything else. The white plastic is solid with the front so there's no way to remove it. Once it gets dark this evening I'll take some pictures and post them.
 

djthumper

Administrator
Does anyone else have a 2014? I am just wondering what LEDs is everyone using for the exterior lighting. I just picked up a 2014 the other day.
 

Midnyteryder196

Well-Known Member
marinegrunt said:
My wife has an Envoy and I have a Sierra. Last week I changed all her cluster, hvac controls, 4 wheel drive selector, rear wiper, headlight control, steering wheel controls, rear hvac control, window and lock switches, seat memory buttons, etc with pink leds. I thought it turned out pretty good so I decided to change all mine out with blue. I don't have nearly the number of buttons and switches that the Envoy has so it was quite a bit easier. In the Sierra I changed the stock radio, hvac controller, passenger airbag switch, 4 wheel drive buttons, fog light button, headlight control, window and lock switches, and had the cluster done when I sent it off for repair. I just wish the hvac controller would light up a little more. It has a this light plastic covering the numbers and fan settings so it's not as bright as everything else. The white plastic is solid with the front so there's no way to remove it. Once it gets dark this evening I'll take some pictures and post them.
Pics or it didn't happen.. [emoji6] also have you posted up pics of the voy? Curious to see another pink conversion!
 

dmanns67

Well-Known Member
Why do we have two LED mod threads :undecided:

I can read the title, but LEDs are LEDs regardless of what GMT they are going into.
 

Sparky

Moderator
Since I'm off work today I figured I'd finally install the LED panels in my Silverado dome lights. Here they are! Yes, I'm aware the one is a slightly warmer color... mildly annoyed by it but it is glued in there already. Whatever, not really that noticeable unless you're staring at it (and the camera makes it more noticeable than IRL).




Guages, HVAC, etc are all a nice aqua LED color from the factory so no need to do anything there, although I may still change the HVAC "on" indicators from amber to green or something like that eventually.
 

Capote

Platinum Supporter
That's how my Yukon was setup, Garth you're making me miss my Kon!
 

Mounce

Well-Known Member
Anyone know if polarities in other platforms would be the same as ours? Like would a 2004 Tahoe have the same polarities in the cluster/switches as a TB?

-Seems to me that I could be possible since the clusters look exactly the same.

I guess if I did do a led swap in this dudes Tahoe that I could mark out the polarities and post it up like they are for TB's

--Could also take the modules apart, plug them back in then probe the bulb pads with a multimeter or led and get the polarities that way instead of trial and error
 

Blckshdw

Moderator
Although the faces look similar, I'd assume since they are different circuit boards, the polarities are likely different. But actually confirming them would be a great idea. :yes:
 

Online statistics

Members online
11
Guests online
581
Total visitors
592

Forum statistics

Threads
19,823
Messages
585,740
Unanswered questions
1
Answered questions
2
Members
12,587
Latest member
Colowgio
Top Bottom