Fuel pump wire harness that sticks on the top of the tank to connect to the fuel pump

Jjoh2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
Hi I was wondering if u can tell me what it means if I test the harnest that hooks into the fuel pump (from the top) and I cant get a pos or neg ground when I tested it with my curcuit tester what does that means??

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
The tank should be grounded. Check the tank body first to ensure there is ground potential on the tank.

If you have ground on the tank, there should be ground continuity, through the level sensors.

There may also be a ground wire going to the sensor.

What are you using for a tester, the correct tool is a mult-meter.

Jjoh2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
I removed the tank turned the key to on hooked on the battery cables and tested the fuel pump wires that connected to the tank then I got ground on 2 of the wire harnesses but the one where the fuel pump is suppose to be tested I got no read
RayVoy said:
The tank should be grounded. Check the tank body first to ensure there is ground potential on the tank.

If you have ground on the tank, there should be ground continuity, through the level sensors.

There may also be a ground wire going to the sensor.

What are you using for a tester, the correct tool is a mult-meter.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Jjoh2 said:
I removed the tank turned the key to on hooked on the battery cables and tested the fuel pump wires that connected to the tank then I got ground on 2 of the wire harnesses but the one where the fuel pump is suppose to be tested I got no read

When you turn the key to run, but don't start it, the pump will only get power for 2 seconds.

If you fill out your vehicle info (year/model/engine/etc) I can get you the specific pinouts.

Jjoh2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
Dont I suppose to get some kind of ground by the way I tested two fuel pumps that led me to the wires that I tested wit the circuit tester and probe pin to the curcuit box the lower left hole on the fuse relay didnt light up likr it was suppose to so I hooked it up to the batt and tested the harness the pump
Connector that connect the pump thats what happed wat do you think the problem is
QUOTE=MAY03LT;126634]When you turn the key to run, but don't start it, the pump will only get power 2 seconds.

If you fill out your vehicle info (year/model/engine/etc) I can get you the specific pinouts.[/QUOTE]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online