Fuel Mileage

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
djthumper said:
..., you have fishstick in range of you to help do this..

The cost of that conversion will always be the inhibitor for me, but I will always be able to jusify spending the same $ amount on guns and ammo.:biggrin:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
fishguy1123 said:
Finally did the math on mine today. 18.2 mpg whith a mix of hwy/city/rural driveing. I actually drove it a lil harder just to see how it would do. Probly 2/3 hwy and 1/3 mixed. DIC showed 21.2 but that was reset about a week prior so it had some carryover mileage on it as well.

I get 18 mpg close to 80,000 miles

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Shdwdrgn said:
I am surprised that the 3.73's did not come standard for our trucks.

Actually, the 3.73 was the most standard. The 3.42 was not available on Rainier, Bravada, 9-7x, or Ascender Limited/Luxury. The 3.42 was optional for most trim levels of Trailblazer and Envoy and Ascender S/LS. 4.10 was also not available on the 9-7x.

I have 3.73.

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Well just got back from a upstate NY to Florida and back trip with the Ascender . It was very consistent. A low of like 21.5 mpg on a tank of BP gas to a high of 22.8 mpg . This was all pretty much highway driving going 70-72 mph with occasional runs of 60-65 mph . Weather going down was bad the first day , driving rain and wind and it still got 22 mpg . Did not see any 24 mpg which I have seen in the past which I suspect has to do with running winter grade gas which decreases mileage. This was all done by the miles and gas fill calculations, Ascender does not have a DIC. Mine is 2wd and has 3.42 gears in it . Car ran great with no issues other than the stupid TPMS popping on a couple of times , nothing wrong with tires . I am pretty sure it's the kids ipods wireless radio's that's setting it off when they have them on in the backseat . Next restart light goes out . Worthless feature!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online