NEED HELP Fuel/Gas Cap

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4.2L
I am looking for a fuel/gas cap that screws on. I have tried the OEM & aftermarket caps, but none have worked. Years ago my parents told me that they had one, one that would screw on. However, my father one night went to fill up the tank and for whatever reason he didn't put the cap back on. We noticed it was gone at our next fill up, at this point we were hours & hours away from the last fill up. I would like to have that cap again, parents told me that it was one of the best caps they ever had. So much so that all of our vehicles have one. Can anyone tell me where I can get one? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Please amplify on these aspects of how the Gas Caps you have tried to use have *not worked*:

(1) Any P04XX Codes being set?
(2) Has this happened when: Parking, Driving, Fueling, Accelerating, Stopping, Etc...?
(3) What Makes (Brands)with Part Numbers of Gas Caps have been tried out so far?
(4) Have you Smoke Tested the System through the Fuel Tank Nozzle and the TB?
(5) What were the your observations when using a Bright Flash Light assisted inspection of the Under Fender areas near the Fueling Nozzle Port, the condition of any Mild Steel Tubing portions that might be Rusting Through and the Security and Integrity the Fueling Hose and Clamps?

The more specific your descriptions are... the better the advice can be that might follow on for a remedy.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think he needs to do all these tests. He's just looking for a gas cap!

Do you know if the filler neck was ever replaced? Some of the aftermarket ones uses a non-stock cap on these,

That's all I could find on this.

Reactions: WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
I don't think he needs to do all these tests. He's just looking for a gas cap!

Do you know if the filler neck was ever replaced? Some of the aftermarket ones uses a non-stock cap on these,

That's all I could find on this.
EXACTLY! I'm just looking for this gas cap that my parents had once. Nothing more Nothing less. Hope someone can help

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bbcman601

Members Online