fuel and vent line repair

j-bone

Original poster
May 5, 2014
Hello all , so I'm in the middle of replacing the fuel tank sending unit on an 06 Rainer (v8) . While taking the lines off i broke some of the clips and some were missing and repaired with a zip tie .... and while putting the fuel return line back on the sending unit the o rings tore and the clip broke. The local parts store can't get the o rings or the clips. Are there any other options for getting them besides the dealer which I haven't gone to yet ?
Hate it when a simple repair turns into a 3 day fiasco . Thanks in advance

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Might not have a choice to go to the stealership. The seals they probably have but the clips might come with the complete fitting or line. Another option for the clips would be to go to a pick a part yard.

sLAsh

Jan 26, 2012
I was able to pick up the clips from Napa. They are a dorman part. Sorry but I don't remember the product number

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Good 'ol Dorman, purveyor of hard to find and obscure parts. :thumbsup:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
SON OF A B*&^)( I couldn't find any of these items when I broke my stuff on my fuel lines. Took me an extra week to get a replacement line in from rockauto just for that little black clip.

j-bone

Original poster
May 5, 2014
No one stocks them the big name stores here didn't have them but the mom and pop auto store had them next day . Gm doesn't sell just the clips !!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online