FS: 2005 GMC Yukon 2500 SLT 8.1

deekster_caddy

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
IMG_1715.jpg

whole album of photos at
Yukon Photos by 1974porsche911 | Photobucket

2005 GMC Yukon XL 2500 SLT 4wd 136000 mi. 8.1 engine $12000.
options: leather, power and heated drivers and passenger seats, power adjustable pedals, power folding mirrors, automatic climate control, 3 row seating, Autoride suspension, moonroof, DVD player, BOSE sound system, etc. Will list all the options at the end. Color gold/tan, metallic gold exterior, tan interior. Leather everywhere. 2nd row of seats folds flat and the 3rd row is removable for a full utility back. 2nd row bench is split 30/70. 3/4 ton active suspension with electronic tow/haul mode for heavy loads.

All Factory Options: Pushbutton Auto/2WD/4HI/4LO. 4 spd automatic transmission. Tow/haul mode (also stiffens autoride shocks). Electric brake controller. OnStar. 2 memory position drivers seat. Driver and Passenger heated power seats with power lumbar adjustment. Power adjustable pedals. BOSE DVD/NAV/XM system. Auto dimming rear and drivers mirror. Power folding mirrors. Steering wheel controls for radio, DIC and OnStar. Automatic headlights. Driving lights. 3 Zone automatic climate control (Drivers, Passenger and Rear). Rear seat heat/audio control station. Removable 3rd row seat. Flat folding 2nd row seat allows for full cargo capacity. Homelink (program your garage door openers). Factory 16" wheels. Factory class 3 trailer hitch with 7 wire connector. Rear wiper.

Recent maintenance parts:
Tires (Michelin LTX AT2, 4 months old).
Battery (1 month old).
Bosch wipers (front and rear).
Full tuneup - new plugs, wires and filters at 120K.
New belts and idler pulleys (6 months).
New spare tire hoist/cable assembly.
Gas cap and updated tank vent
Since I bought it at 95K miles it has always had Mobil1 full synth and Dex VI trans fluid.

Extras I installed:
TrailFX bug deflector and window rain guards.
Prodigy electric brake controller.
Hardwired FM transmitter with headphone jack for universal audio input.
B&M Aluminum deep finned transmission pan with magnetic drain plug (for easy transmission fluid changes and better cooling).
Aeroforce scangauge II in pod - any two OBD-II parameters displayed at once.
Upgraded ground wire to rear tailgate so wiper and lock work correctly.

Disclaimers:
- I am missing the NAV map DVD (didn't get it when I bought the truck).
- It needs two cans of Freon every summer, dye has been added, nobody can find the (very slow) leak.
- The rear window defroster tab keeps coming off the window. Everything I know of has been tried besides replacing the window... not a big deal with the rear wiper. Just keep de-icer washer fluid in the tank.
- I just noticed the oil cooler lines are dripping.
- brake pads are not squealing but one rotor is slightly warped. It may be due for brakes soon.

Selling because I don't need to tow anymore. Very nice truck and I will miss it.

I have tried for full disclosure and priced accordingly. Let me know if you have any questions.

deekster_caddy

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
bump - I now have the title in hand!

deekster_caddy

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
bump. anyone with a big family and a big camper/TT to tow needs this truck! :smile:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Sweet looking ride and looks to be in impeccable shape. Those 8.1's are too thirsty for me I had a friends avalanche 8.1 for a few days and had to refuel twice!!! You have to be doing some heavy hauling to make it worth it!!

Good luck with the sale though I'm sure someone will love to have that thing.

deekster_caddy

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
willn513 said:
Sweet looking ride and looks to be in impeccable shape. Those 8.1's are too thirsty for me I had a friends avalanche 8.1 for a few days and had to refuel twice!!! You have to be doing some heavy hauling to make it worth it!!

Good luck with the sale though I'm sure someone will love to have that thing.

Thanks! The 8.1 really isn't any thirstier than the 6.0 they used in the other 3/4 tons. The extra 100 ft lbs of torque though - worth it!

Plus it has a 36 gallon tank, so you don't need to refuel as often as the pickups and avalanches! Great on long trips.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online