Frustration

Phill

Original poster
Sep 17, 2022
Orlando,Fl
Hi, I’m new to this form so bear with me. I have a 2006 Chevy trailblazer with a 4.2 I6 engine. I was getting codes of p2135 and 2138. I have change the throttle body and pedal assembly out. Still was getting same codes. Just changed the Ecu out those codes haven’t came back yet but getting code p0315 now. Any idea?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome To GMT Nation...

Check over THIS Link from "Rick" concerning a TSB that focuses on or around your 2006 Trailblazer Year of Manufacture as well as with other Car-Line Series, too.

Read the ENTIRE Document before taking any Diagnostic Approach. While "Rick" always does a Good Job whenever he covers the essence of any TSB... Nothing is Better than having the actual PDF from GM on this matter:

That Last Code involves a possible weird condition of losing the A/C Signal from the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) located in the Lower Left Side of the Engine Block (from the Driver's Seat) and may just be caused by having a LOOSE CONNECTOR... or one where Mice or Rats may have gnawed through the Harnessing.

In a Rare, Worst Case Scenario... the Crankshaft Reluctor Ring Weld can occasionally break loose... leaving the PCM in 'Permanent Limbo' regarding Timing, Spark, and EFI activity.

Wear an N-95 Face Mask of High Quality and 'Glove Up' with 11 mil Nitrile Gloves as you perform a very careful engine bay inspection with a Bright Flashlight.

Beware finding any Mouse Droppings, Nesting Materials or Dried Feces and Desiccated Urine Trails, as these materials can harbor the Dreaded HANTA Virus that Kills nearly 40% of those who ingest or inhale the Virus from these "Mouse Gifts" ...making the CoVid-19 Delta Variant look like a "Case of The Sniffles".

The same suspicion should arise whenever there are any Code Discrepancies between the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and the (ACC) Gas Pedal due to possible Harness Damage caused by in-dwelling vermin under the hood Chewing Away down there.

See THIS Link for more information:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online