Front leak

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Noticed this for sometime now , about 3 months. I was just going to check the fluid level in the front diff when i noticed this. what might it be? also there was a drop of fluid hanging from that spot and went to smell it and smelt nothing like gear oil. Kinda looked like engine oil but didnt really smell like that either. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks Alec :smile: View attachment 21816

Attachments

• Trailblazer 001.jpg
    Trailblazer 001.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Trailblazer 002.jpg
    Trailblazer 002.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 11

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Could still be gear oil, perhaps from the CV shaft seal. I'd pressure wash the heck out of the area and watch to see where it shows up again first.

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
the roadie said:
Could still be gear oil, perhaps from the CV shaft seal. I'd pressure wash the heck out of the area and watch to see where it shows up again first.

Alright thanks! How hard are the CV shaft seals to replace on the TB's? Taking my pressure washer to it tomorrow morning and will look at it in a week to see. Thanks again.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looking at the first pic, it looks like it could be coming from the pinion seal. Like Roadie said, pressure wash it and this should reveal the origin or the leak.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online