Front Impact Sensor - B0103

Homewrecker

Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
I've got the Air Bag light on in my '04 EXT. I had the code scanned at the local shop and
it came back with 'B0103 Front Impact Sensor 2'.

I've done a search but couldn't come up with much on the exact location. I'm assuming it's the sensor
behind the Front Bumper reinforcement tube. I haven't look yet but since it states 'Sensor 2' does that mean there's
2 sensors up front? Which one is Sensor 2? Do I have to take off the whole Bumper Cover to replace this Sensor?

Dorman makes a replacement Impact Sensor but I'm trying to determine if they one they offer is the one that needs replacing. This thing is pushing 320,000 Km's and I don't really want to spend a ton of cash on a GM part if I don't have to. I just finished replacing the PS lines and that was not a fun job :mad:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The two sides are identical. Not sure which one is which. Could also be the wiring to the sensor, but typically the sensors get corrosion damaged if you're in a place that uses salt on the roads.

They are on the BACK side of the tube in this picture I took when I had a lot of stuff removed. Yes, it's a pain.

bumper2.jpg

Homewrecker

Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Thanks. I think Sensor #2 is on the Passenger Side.

I saw that pic in another 'forum'. I'll crawl underneath and see what I'm dealing with.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online