Front axle seal part numbers

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
I am swapping out the engine on my 02 Envoy 4x4 and am wondering if anyone has the oil seal part numbers handy. These are the ones that the drive axels slip into. Dealer and Napa closed till Monday. With the part number, there is a couple other places I can call.

Thanks,

PS, If I had to work on theses things daily, I would surely slit my wrists!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 16

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Thanks Roadie, I got the feeling they would be dealer items when I got the first one out and saw yhe locking tabs.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
When I swapped out my engine, I did all four seals just to be safe (inners and outers). And yes, they are a biatch to get out. Pry the outers out while the diff is still attached to the engine so at least those are easier to get out.

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Thanks Mooseman, my inners seem OK and I am NOT keeping this thing. Once it's running again it's outa here!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's a shame. I see mine as a challenge (and it has been a challenge!). I'm just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train coming at me. If you ever decide to keep your truck, we'll be here.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
the roadie said:
Or hide little notes in the vehicle for the next owner - go to GMTNation.com. You're gonna need them.....:thumbsup:

Hahaha!!!! Lmfao

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Don't worry, I will certainly spread the word about this site! You guys have been great! The Envoy's not gone yet and I may very well need more help! I just don't have much confidence in a motor that is not really designed to be repaired. TTY headbolts? WTF? Why is this neccessary? I broke 10, that was after belting them with a 3lb. hammer.
I got the first 8 out, did not know I was a contortionist! #9 refused to cut loose hence the motor swap. That too is proving to be a load of fun. Perhaps GM has never heard of anti-seize? Took me two days to release the differential castings from the oil pan, then I realized that my "new" motor had a broken housing stuck in the pan! Either when they pulled it at the wreckers or the pan was swapped after it was removed. I have just had enough of this "engineering" nonsense. I don't feel I am ever getting ahead on this project. I will have some parts for sale when I am done, if anyone is interested, coil packs, sensors, exhaust manifold, etc. Everything left over once it is running will need a new home!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Oh yeah, look over your exhaust manifold for cracks. Both of mine were cracked (the one in the truck and the other on the used engine).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online