Free section in Community Marketplace suggestion

nopaybob

Original poster
Member
Apr 3, 2013
97
How about a Free section in Community Marketplace.

Members could post free stuff with local pickup, or just pay actual shipping.

We all know things get replaced sometimes that didn't really need it or didn't solve the problem, So instead of throwing old parts away we could post them in a free section and maybe someone could use them.
 

Sparky

Member
Dec 4, 2011
12,927
This has nothing to do with your username right? :raspberry:

The items could just go under the appropriate headings, and marked as free.
 

Mooseman

Moderator
Dec 4, 2011
25,497
Ottawa, ON
What I suggest instead is a "pay it forward" thread. We have this on a snowmobile site I'm on and it works well. The idea is somebody offers something for free. The person who wants it pays for the shipping costs. Once he receives the item, the receiver then must put something else up for free and the cycle continues.

It would not be a "looking for" place for cheap people to ask for charity and not for junk neither.
 

nopaybob

Original poster
Member
Apr 3, 2013
97
The items could just go under the appropriate headings, and marked as free.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, All the headings say "for sale" or Wanted
 

nopaybob

Original poster
Member
Apr 3, 2013
97
Mooseman said:
What I suggest instead is a "pay it forward" thread. We have this on a snowmobile site I'm on and it works well. The idea is somebody offers something for free. The person who wants it pays for the shipping costs. Once he receives the item, the receiver then must put something else up for free and the cycle continues.

It would not be a "looking for" place for cheap people to ask for charity and not for junk neither.

I think the pay it forward would make it less desirable for members to pick up free stuff since they would be obligated to post something.

"Spreading the love with free parts" would be good enough..
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
Parts that are for sale are not too expensive ..... [ see my avatar ] :raspberry:
 

nopaybob

Original poster
Member
Apr 3, 2013
97
the roadie said:
Parts that are for sale are not too expensive ..... [ see my avatar ] :raspberry:
Seriously, Do I need to request a username change?
 

Sparky

Member
Dec 4, 2011
12,927
I was just messing with ya, don't take it personally :tongue:
 

nopaybob

Original poster
Member
Apr 3, 2013
97
Sparky said:
I was just messing with ya, don't take it personally :tongue:

:smile: Oh no, I wouldn't take it personally.

I think Roadie's pointing out that I'm a cheapass, but I'm just a penny pincher. :wink:
 

Mooseman

Moderator
Dec 4, 2011
25,497
Ottawa, ON
nopaybob said:
I think the pay it forward would make it less desirable for members to pick up free stuff since they would be obligated to post something.

Well, that's the idea. To spread the love even more :biggrin:. I do agree that it might work more on a powersport forum to help those that might not have as much money for extras they might not be able to afford but also have something to give back to the community. And it doesn't have to be of the same value. It keeps the giving going.
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,400
Posts
638,838
Members
18,614
Latest member
dakis

Members Online