Free android apps????

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I use "AdFree", but you need to have a rooted device for that... most people won't venture into that territory.

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Something like ''ASTRO File Manager'' or am I way off here.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
If I remember ASTRO just lets you access different parts of the main file system and your storage to be able to manage files. And I think you can bluetooth files with it. I have my phone rooted and I have it set up to block adds it helped a little. I just think android is slow. But I was use to WebOS... Advanced Task Killer seems to help very little because everything starts back up on its own. The only thing I have done to speed my phone up a bit was to overclock it, but that requires root acess and there are alot of people that wont or are afraid to. I do have to say I dont regret rooting my phone.

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
It doesn't seem like they make anything easy anymore. looks like I am going to be reading up on more droid stuff.

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
I use adfree combined with lbe to keep control of my gnex. I am rooted and rom'd though.

I don't see ads anymore, and I keep my privacy too. :smile:

As an aside, have you tried buying a cheap ebay bluetooth elm 327 and hooked up to your truck with torque? I did! neat stuff! If we know the pids, we can do anything!

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Yup in the process of more knowledge now .have to read up on how to get rooted , Do you know of any sites that will help me get started ,and I have torque downloaded and a lot more . in '''apk's'' .
I can build a computer and everything on it is free ..but know nothing about droid's any help is welcome . need a good starting point.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Google search, that is how I learned about 90% of what I had to learn when I bricked my phone. Now it is cake to fix, root, rom etc. It depends on brand for the difficulty of the root process, but it does open up an entire new world with the phone.

Currently running Droid 3 w/ Liberty ROM 3 v2.0

I also have an Acer Iconia A500, lost root with the last update, waiting for ICS before I attempt again.

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-tab-10-1-root-clockworkmod-recovery-50799/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1239185

[video=youtube;rHtsOm0l2Q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHtsOm0l2Q8[/video]

Sorry for the extreme edit.

Research, do not do it until you are comfortable. Lucky for me Motorola makes in easy for devs to work on the phones. I have done others, HTC, Samsung and some others with great results. Never done a Galaxy Tab though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mine is rooted and everything is working great

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
XDA-Developers is the best place to find everything that you need. Information is laid out very well over there, and I've easily rooted and rom'd my Xoom, Galaxy Nexus, and my Droid X2, all with information and downloads from XDA.

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I have a rooted Droid 2 Global. The last update didn't unroot mine. If you have PDAnet, you can have a FREE mobile hotspot:smile:lipsrsealed::thumbsup:). I recently got the Torque app and an ELM237 bluetooth adapter. Its nice seeing realtime stats.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online