fluid extractor pump suggestions

kickass audio

Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Hello everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this as I didn't think it classified under any particular section of this site. I have a jet ski and at the end of the season you need to drain the oil out of the engine through the dipstick and then put in a new filter and put in new oil. I bought one of those crappy handheld piston pumps from harbor freight and it got the oil out but made a huge mess and took forever to get it out. I was looking around to try and find a better pump for next season when I put it away for the year. Can anyone recommend a good pump to use for drawing out 10w-40 oil with? I was looking online and most other jet ski owners like to use this pump: http://www.sears.com/astro-pneumatic-manual-and-pneumatic-fluid-extractor-9.0l/p-SPM10579856919?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

I do have an air compressor and would rather use that than having to pump out the fluid manually. My dad brought up the idea on using a crank style pump like what gets installed on a big oil drum. I was having a hard time finding something like that online that is hand held. All the ones I found were what you use for sucking out oil from a huge drum and I don't need anything that intense for it. lol.

If anyone can recommend a good pump to draw out thick oil like 10w-40 with I would greatly appreciate it. I will be drawing the oil while it is hot so it will make it flow a little easier through the tubes. I will be mostly using it for oil but may use it for drawing other fluid in the years to come for maybe work on cars or something.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
if you have a shop vac, you can use that. I had made a fluid separator out of a 2gal paint bucket. just get some pvc fittings, put a little pipe and a hose barb on one side, and cut a hole for the vaccuum on the other

looked something like this
sep.png

Reactions: Mooseman and jpimp

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online