Flag Mount

Derrick Rucker

Original poster
Apr 23, 2016
Tennessee
Any ideas or pictures of how I could mount up a American flag on the back of the TB??
Maybe something like this:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 23

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I have seen receiver hitch mounts but you pretty much need something that will accept a flag pole securely.

0004476908033_A

If you plan on driving down the highway with it, the larger the flag, the faster the edges will become tattered. Persons like myself will tell you that it is disrespectful to fly a tattered or faded american flag and it should be retired respectfully by flame.

Reactions: Derrick Rucker
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
You could just get a nice American Flag decal for the back window instead of looking like a dumb redneck. I'm sorry, this is one of the biggest irritants I have on the road, that's not what the flag is meant to do, it's downright insulting. If you must fly an american flag on your vehicle, get one of those little ones that fits on the window.

That's just one guy's thoughts.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
You could just get a nice American Flag decal for the back window instead of looking like a dumb redneck. I'm sorry, this is one of the biggest irritants I have on the road, that's not what the flag is meant to do, it's downright insulting. If you must fly an american flag on your vehicle, get one of those little ones that fits on the window.

That's just one guy's thoughts.

Not to start a debate, but I enjoy it when guys are running flags on flag holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July etc.). Gives a sense of pride and love for America. But to be flying everyday just for the hell of it, it is annoying. I agree if someone wants to have a flag on their truck everyday, to get a nice die cut off eBay and stick it to the back window.

I've seen too many of those window flags being flown tattered. Most people nowadays get them with their vehicle from the dealer, and never take them off.

Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
In the rural part of Massachusetts I live in we're dominated by 12-Valve Cummins owners that piss black smoke all over them, that's my biggest issue with it. Patriotic holidays are the only exception for that, then you can do it.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If you plan on driving down the highway with it, the larger the flag, the faster the edges will become tattered. Persons like myself will tell you that it is disrespectful to fly a tattered or faded american flag and it should be retired respectfully by flame.

I could not agree more with this comment. Though now days flags should be respectfully retired, which may include being turned in to a proper recycling place due to all of those nylon flags.

Trkdrvremt

Oct 22, 2014
NJ
I have seen receiver hitch mounts but you pretty much need something that will accept a flag pole securely.

0004476908033_A

Spray the edge with a couple of coats of clear... It stops it from getting tattered....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I find it disrespectful as well, but then I still do not have mine framed and hung in the basement since i wont use pins or glue to desecrate the flag. Need to find some clips I can mount or similar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yasha

Members Online