First long road trip

jballentine

Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Back home after our 10 day 3500 mile trip from Michigan to Florida and back. All six of us and weeks worth of luggage loaded in and on the truck. Drove straight through down roughly 18-19 hours. Gas mileage was not bad 18-18.5 and during the mountains varied 16-17 mpg. I was pretty happy with the mpg we got with having everyone in and all the luggage with us. Just glad to be home now. We were going to stay at my in-laws in Lakeland, all was well when we arrived. They have been back in Michigan since May. Had to do a little bit of cleaning and a few spiders had taken up residence since nobody was there. My wife is terrified of spiders but she managed well with the tiny ones. Then she went to go and clean up in the bathroom a little bit and seen the big spider and damn near had a heart attack. So we ended up finding a room at a resort. It was hard not to laugh seeing her freak out so bad with the spider. Besides the random afternoon rain showers it was nice to get away.

Attachments

• the spider.jpg
    the spider.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 14

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Yea, I see that thing on a wall and your going to hear a 9mm gun shot. I don't blame your wife one bit!

pennywise

Mar 28, 2012
Tarantulas are everywhere in New Mexico this time of year. They don't bother me though. It's the snakes I don't like.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Just tell her it won't eat much.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
yeah that would be one dead spider

jballentine

Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Haha, she ran outside and stayed in the truck. Said we aren't staying here, it was her parents place & they have been here in Michigan since may. It was hard not to laugh because she yelled is this thing real or fake. I said why would it be fake nobody has been in here for months. If she did have a gun she sure would have been shooting that thing.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
So, nobody would put their hand up there to show size perspective? :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online