Favorite quotes, sayings or words to live by.

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
For those who are friends with me on FB, I like to throw a few quotes or saying on there and it got me thinking on what everyone else is into. Whether it's a quote from a movie, show, saying or words you live by.

This is one of mine:

Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? And when you close you eyes, do you see the future? And if you could escape from the past, would you be ready for the next adventure?-Tom Delonge

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Treat people how you want to be treated

You have to give respect to earn respect

I'm a good ally but an even better enemy

It takes seconds to make a mistake, but it could take a lifetime fixing it

Taking risks only means your living life

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
You can never have too much ammo, that is unless your house is on fire..

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way……...... Jessica Rabbit

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”

“"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?”

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Life is a series of moments: it's how you string them together.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Those who give up liberty for safety deserve neither. Ben Franklin misquote
Carpe Diem. Dead Poets Society
Demopublicans, republocrats, whats the diference?
What do you call 1000 politicians at the bottom of the ocean.. A good start
Those who are blind to the 2 party system dont beleive in progress, or a future of this nation.
I dont have to beleive in my president, or any god, to love my country..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
En vino veritas:biggrin:

Reactions: mcsteven

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
God bless America, God save the Queen, God defend New Zealand and thank Christ for Australia - Russell Crowe

Get a bit closer ya wombat! - me :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We can't all be cowboys, some of us are clowns.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Dracula: Kill one man, you're a murderer, kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a God.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam "I will either find a way or make one. "

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But... if it's real, you'll feel it.
Kid Rock

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
Whats your major malfunction numbnuts... did mommy not love you enough when you were little!

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

Meltdown211

Dec 4, 2011
It was shown in the movie "Act of Valor" but it is originally by Native American Shawnee Chief, Tecumseh. It is a great poem and is how I ask my children to live. I believe this is such a powerful poem and many of us should live our lives... hope this touches you as it did me.

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Gangster at bar: “Erin go Braugh”. What the fuck does that mean?
Murphy MacManus: It’s Irish for “you’re fucked”.

boondock saints 2

and another one is

Samuel L......"Grab my wallet outta the bag"
Robber........."Which ones yours"?
Samuel L......"The one that says bad motherfucker on it"

sorry for cursing but anything else wont get the point over :raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God."

"And Shepherds we shall be For Thee my Lord, for Thee Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patri, Et Fili, Et Spiritus Sancti."

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints. "

The Boondock Saints
" Now you will receive us.
We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
We do not want your tired and sick.
It is your corrupt we claim.
It is your evil that will be sought by us.
With every breath, we shall hunt them down.
Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies.
Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.
These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, in to true corruption, into our domain.
For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it.
And we will send you to whatever god you wish."

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
'You deserve what you endure'; and the one that has seved me well
'save your money'

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
What is the purpose in tip-toeing safely through life, only to arrive safely at death. Take an occassional risk and live before you die.

gippy1968

Mar 20, 2012
07 TB RIDER said:
For those who are friends with me on FB, I like to throw a few quotes or saying on there and it got me thinking on what everyone else is into. Whether it's a quote from a movie, show, saying or words you live by.

This is one of mine:

Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? And when you close you eyes, do you see the future? And if you could escape from the past, would you be ready for the next adventure?-Tom Delonge

Love A & A!

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
When all that is left is a simple shadow, what will we want it to say? Will it contain the colors of our dreams, or just the darkness of our fears? Will it speak with the last sorrows we've found in our short time here, or divulge our simple desire to smile?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
"Age is a limit we impose upon ourselves. You know, each time you Westerners celebrate your birthday, you build another fence around your minds. "

"Laziness in dong stupid things can be a great virtue."

"To put it simply, I should say that our general belief was in moderation. We preach the virtue of avoiding excesses of every kind, even including excess of virtue itself...We find in the valley it makes for greater happiness among the natives. We rule with moderate strictness and in return we are satisfied with moderate obedience. As a result, our people are moderately honest, moderately chaste, and somewhat more than moderately happy."

Chang in Shangri-La - Lost Horizon by James Hilton

Edit: For completeness, please include attributions wherever possible. Thx.

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
Life is a series of decisions, you decide if you are going to set yourself up for success or failure, be happy or sad, energetic or subdued, outgoing or in the corner, taking the risk or letting somebody else take the lead. You have the choice.

Cowboy Quotes, Sayings, and Wisdom

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Reactions: glfredrick
Feb 24, 2012
Go when you can, not when you have to.

(became our must-use phrase while traveling around Germany and Austria)

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
"Enjoy life, it has an expiration date"

"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain"

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
When all else fails, make a decision.

-- Myself

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
From my Facebook page:

"The twins keep us on Centarian time. It's a 37-hour day. Give it a few months, you'll get used to it, or you'll have a psychotic episode." - Zed, MIB

"Black holes are like roach motels. Everything checks in, nothing checks out." - Michio Kaku

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist, but being one sure helps!"

"We can't treat tax dollars like monopoly money" - Barack Obama

"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.” - Scott Adams

"I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like Grandpa did, in his sleep.....not screaming, like the passengers in his car." - Jack Handley

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." - Robert Bloch

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

"What do you call a dog with no legs?
Doesn't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come."

"Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery."

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

"Worst excuse for not turning in homework: 'I couldn't find anyone to copy it from.'"

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I plan to live forever, So far so good.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
What we've got here is a failure...to communicate

jailfood

Dec 7, 2011
This is what I have told my children while they were growing up.

Pass or Fail, at the end of the day if you can look yourself in the mirror and honestly say " I did my best" you have nothing to be ashamed of.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Disclaimer: Be conscious of your volume level.

[video=youtube;cqhLO3SRyXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqhLO3SRyXU[/video]

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
"Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do judge them, you will be a mile away from them. Plus you will have their shoes"

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Some of this poster is a little cheesy, but this hangs in my office....

s6YB1.jpg

This is in my helmet at the firehouse, and is always with me whenever I go on a fire call.

A Fireman's Prayer...

When I am called to duty, God
Wherever Flames may rage,
Give me strength to save some life
Whatever Be its age.

Help me embrace a little child
Before it is too late,
Or save an older person from
The horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert and
Hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently
To put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling
And give the best in me,
To guard my every neighbor
And protect their property.

And if according to your will
I should lose my life,
Please bless with your protecting hand
My children and my wife.

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

~ Chief Tecumseh (Poem from Act of Valor the Movie)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online