Favorite quotes, sayings or words to live by.

Limestone

Jun 8, 2013
Its not the violence that sets men apart. Its the distance that he is prepared to go...Forrest Bondurant

We are survivors, we control the fear. And without the fear, we are all as good as dead.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
rmsg0040 said:
5 P's - proper preparation prevents poor performance

Well,, Mines a bit different.. Proper Penetration Prevents Poor Performance

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
TollKeeper said:
Well,, Mines a bit different.. Proper Penetration Prevents Poor Performance

Always went by the seven P's. Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Never drink down stream from yer horse.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Reviving an old thread for the 20,000th post on here.

"It Is What It Is"

Reactions: Hypnotoad

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
"Life is like a box of chocolates............."

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
“If you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine.”

glfredrick

Jan 14, 2014
Fond of Murphy's Law and the [SIZE=medium]Corollaries [/SIZE]to it...

MURPHY'S LAWS

THE PRIME AXIOM:
1. In any field of endeavor, anything that can go wrong, will, and at the worst possible moment.

2. If the possibility exists of several things going wrong, the one that will go wrong is the one that will do the most damage.
3. Everything will go wrong at one time.
3a. That time is always when you least expect it.
4. If nothing can go wrong, something will.
5. Nothing is as easy as it looks.
6. Everything takes longer than you think.
7. Left to themselves, things always go from bad to worse.
8. Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.
9. Given the most inappropriate time for something to go wrong, that's when it will occur.
10. Mother Nature is a bitch.
10a. The universe is not indifferent to intelligence, it is actively hostile to it.
11. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
12. If in any problem you find yourself doing an immense amount of work, the answer can be obtained by simple inspection.
13. Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to make it complex and wonderful.
14. If it doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer.
15. In an instrument or device characterized by a number of plus-or-minus errors, the total error will be the sum of all the errors adding in the same direction.
16. In any given calculation, the fault will never be placed if more than one person is involved.
16a. In any given discovery, the credit will never be properly placed if more than one person is involved.
17. All warranty and guarantee clauses become invalid upon payment of the final invoice.
18. If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it."
19. If it can be shown that something that could have gone wrong did not go wrong, then subsequent events will prove that everything would ultimately have turned out better if that thing had gone wrong.

And, O'Toole's Corollary:
"Murphy was an optomist..."

And, one I live by:
"There's never time to do it right, but always time to do it over."

Reactions: qsp01

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
SSS

Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.

qsp01

Aug 26, 2012
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
If you don't use it, you lose it.

That's what she said.

Go big or go home.

WHO-DEY!

Piss poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

qsp01

Aug 26, 2012
The Kiss rule - keep it simple stupid

glfredrick

Jan 14, 2014
On that line: "Hire the handicapped, they are fun to watch..."

Of course, I don't mean anything bad by that and I would never say it about TRULY handicapped people (I am one, as is my son). I use that for people who are able-bodied but act like they are not!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.