Family types: Where does your wife stow her purse in the vehicle?

strat81

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
We're a family of four and with the front and second rows occupied by people, the wife struggles to find a place to keep her purse in our Buick Rainier.

She doesn't like putting it in the cargo area because she can't access it if she needs something. Anywhere in the second row is a no-go because of the kids. The armrest up front is too small and the bag falls. That leaves the cramped passenger footwell or her lap, neither of which she likes.

Any ideas on where else it can go?

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
strat81 said:
We're a family of four and with the front and second rows occupied by people, the wife struggles to find a place to keep her purse in our Buick Rainier.

She doesn't like putting it in the cargo area because she can't access it if she needs something. Anywhere in the second row is a no-go because of the kids. The armrest up front is too small and the bag falls. That leaves the cramped passenger footwell or her lap, neither of which she likes.

Any ideas on where else it can go?
I have nothing useful to say, everyone I know either holds it or puts it by their feet. How big is the purse?
Free-shipping-new-font-b-car-b-font-Roof-bag-font-b-car-b-font-luggage.jpg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
My wife puts her purse in the footwell between her feet. She is only 5' 5" so leg room is not needed lol.

What about between her right leg and the door. Is this a regular sized purse or a mini suitcase?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I don't know about your old lady but mine has downsized over the years due to my nagging :biggrin:

She keeps it on the floor by door, or atop of ebrake handle near her thigh. She is not a big girl either to be respectful to others. Or on floor under legs near seat front. My floors are clean.

What's she packing? I can store quite a bit under rear seat on the center floor hump. Easy for me to grab. Buy her a smaller purse that she wants to carry :thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Smaller purse. Fanny pack. Live with the annoyance which is entirely of her own making. There...three good choices. :biggrin:

Big ones can go in the way back, and stuff she USED to want to get out of it can be duplicated and put in the console. Tissues, gum, junk like that. If she has a CCW and wants instant access to her .38, there are a dozen places that should go other then in her purse.

strat81

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Grimor said:
I have nothing useful to say, everyone I know either holds it or puts it by their feet. How big is the purse?
Free-shipping-new-font-b-car-b-font-Roof-bag-font-b-car-b-font-luggage.jpg

The attached pic looks about right. :biggrin:

Really though, it's average sized. Wife is 5'8" and on the leggy side, and she hates it in the footwell.

She has about a half-dozen Dooney and Bourke handbags that she rotates through. Convincing her to go smaller isn't going to happen. Suggesting a fanny pack will likely get me laughed out of the house or smacked, depending on if she interprets the suggestion as a joke or an insult.

Center hump in the backseat is usually occupied with kid junk - diaper bag, back packs, etc.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Well my next suggestion will be to keep it so dirty on the floor that she wants to hold it on lap. Then wait a day and show her this thread :cool:

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Only time mine carries a purse is when we are going somewhere and will need refreshments (movies, zoo, festivals, yada yada). Otherwise she just takes her drivers license, debit card, credit card and some cash and wraps a rubberband around them or uses a binder clip. Her keys she usually gives to me and they weigh a metric ton.

strat81

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
the roadie said:
My wife won't let me put it in the footwell, either. :eek: Or whatever it's nicknamed by you young'ins nowadays. :rotfl:

I thought this was a family site! Such low brow humor...

I should spend more time here. :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I honestly dont know or care where she puts her purse. Not my responsibility.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Yep. Said the same thing followed by "I didn't tell you to put it there. It was merely a suggestion. Like back in the house."
Now I carry her ID and she manhandles her lip stuff if we go out. Otherwise find a spot! Theres 80+ sq ft of cargo space!

:crackup:

She can put hers in her glove box. Locks up too.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Gf carries a wallet....into the passenger door pocket it goes pretty much the instant she gets into the truck.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Tell your wife to put it in the footwell and get over it. Nothing worse than a whining woman. :thumbsup:

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
My wife only carries a small wallet sized thing that she keeps in the side door...which is very annoying to me because she friggin' forgets to take it out every time, and i can hear it sliding back and forth the next morning when I take the truck to work. I'm surprised she hasn't left it sitting on a store shelf yet.

strat81

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
mikekey said:
Tell your wife to put it in the footwell and get over it. Nothing worse than a whining woman. :thumbsup:

I hear "I don't have this problem with my Honda" from her. And she's right, there's no full center console in her CR-V.

My past three vehicles have had center consoles and I find them to be nothing but space hogs. *Shrug*

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
strat81 said:
I hear "I don't have this problem with my Honda" from her. And she's right, there's no full center console in her CR-V.

My past three vehicles have had center consoles and I find them to be nothing but space hogs. *Shrug*

I love my center console. I use the storage and the cup holders and its just the right size.

I did ask my wife about this thread last night and she said there is plenty of room in the footwells and its either under her legs or next to her feet. She is 5' 7" with long legs too. She said its not even an issue at 8 months preggo to find a spot that it can ride and that she can still access it.

How big of bag does your wife carry? Cause my wife's is huge(at least to me) because of carrying her preggo crap and the 2 year olds variety of junk that keeps her happy.

strat81

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I love my center console. I use the storage and the cup holders and its just the right size.

I did ask my wife about this thread last night and she said there is plenty of room in the footwells and its either under her legs or next to her feet. She is 5' 7" with long legs too. She said its not even an issue at 8 months preggo to find a spot that it can ride and that she can still access it.

How big of bag does your wife carry? Cause my wife's is huge(at least to me) because of carrying her preggo crap and the 2 year olds variety of junk that keeps her happy.

Average sized bag. I think it's bigger than necessary, but compared to what I see other women carry, the wife's bag is pretty mid-pack.

The aforementioned Honda has cupholders despite lacking a console. And there is storage space between the seats in it, it's just not covered, which is both good and bad.

Speaking of cupholders, whoever placed the cupholder in my Rainier in front of the shifter should be beaten. Travel mugs and soda bottles won't fit unless the shifter is out of park. It also means various controls are obstructed. WTFF??? Who designs this stuff???

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
So the honda is more like the wife's minivan than our SUV's. I can see where she might think she has less room than.

I keep change in one front cup holder and cologne in the other. Works great for that, but can see where it might not be a good setup for larger items.

strat81

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
So the honda is more like the wife's minivan than our SUV's. I can see where she might think she has less room than.

I keep change in one front cup holder and cologne in the other. Works great for that, but can see where it might not be a good setup for larger items.

Cologne? Is your other vehicle an IROC-Z? :wink:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
HARDTRAILZ said:
I keep change in one front cup holder and cologne in the other.
Ummmmm, this open a HUGE can of speculative worms. :eek: What could possibly be the combination of origin and destination that would require a cologne application on the drive between them? Huh...huh? :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
strat81 said:
Cologne? Is your other vehicle an IROC-Z? :wink:

Would love an Iroc. Still miss my 85 z28 with 350TPI. Was a fun car back in college.

the roadie said:
Ummmmm, this open a HUGE can of speculative worms. :eek: What could possibly be the combination of origin and destination that would require a cologne application on the drive between them? Huh...huh? :biggrin:

Its a bottle I got for Christmas one year and it has always lived there. Not sure why, except for I would only use it on the way to work. Pretty much never wear cologne except there or weddings n such. Should prolly take it out now that the truck does not go to work often, but it is the only bottle I own and I always know where it is.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU LET YOUR WIFE RIDE IN THE FRONT SEAT? :hissyfit::hissyfit: :rotfl::rotfl:

denvern

Dec 12, 2011
LOL. This is a great thread.:thumbsup:

I did actually notice this when I first got the TB but then never gave it much thought. As with most here the most common spot seems to be "foot well" area. lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online