Factory DVD problem.

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
Well, my stepson was messing with things he should not have and now the DVD will not load a DVD and when it did it said Disc Region Error. If I try to put in a disc, it just acts like the loading unloading device is missing altogether. Am I screwed?

Sorry, 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali with factory Panasonic DVD rear entertainment system.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The disc region error pertains to a lock that is placed on DVD's so they can only play in a certain region. For example, you normally can't play a DVD from Europe in North America and vice versa. DVD players cannot be easily switched from one region to another. Computer DVD drives could be switched but you can only do it a certain number of times before it is locked to the last one.

There might be a region setting in the player and it could have been switched since these vehicles were sold overseas.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Horsehaulin

Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Indiana
I tried working on that and to no luck. He tried jamming a DVD into it when one was already in there, then just started going nuts on the darn thing. Looks like it's toast now.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That'll teach them kids to play around with it but you're the one who will suffer (are we there yet?)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude