Factory alarm or aftermarket alarm installed?

jbacklund

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
So as the title say, I'm wondering if I might have an aftermarket car alarm installed. The thing is when I press the remote key or the lock button on the door I hear a chime three times from the dash. That I'm pretty sure is factory. But, sometimes when I switch the ignition off and open the door I hear three beeps from the rear of the truck. It's not every time and I have not figured out how to make the car beep.

Didn't really think so much about it but today when it was really cold, -21C (-6F), that speaker in the rear part of the truck came on when I was inside my house. The alarm sound is like a siren. I didn't matter what button I pressed on the remote. I even started the car but siren was still on!

What do you guys say, is this factory? Any ideas on where to start checking the wires to see if it some aftermarket crap installed?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
jbacklund said:
What do you guys say, is this factory?

More then likely, yes. The export models may have a CTD (content theft deterrent) system in addition to passkey3.

Under the vehicle there should be a small module/siren mounted to the rear crossmember. You should be able to unplug it if it's driving you crazy.

Finding out what is making it act up will require a good scan tool that can talk to the modules involved (bcm, lgm, ddm, etc).

jbacklund

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
MAY03LT said:
More then likely, yes. The export models may have a CTD (content theft deterrent) system in addition to passkey3.

Under the vehicle there should be a small module/siren mounted to the rear crossmember. You should be able to unplug it if it's driving you crazy.

Finding out what is making it act up will require a good scan tool that can talk to the modules involved (bcm, lgm, ddm, etc).

Thanks for the reply, tried to find the module for like an hour or so yesterday but couldn't find anything. Tried to get the spare tire down to get better access but the winch for it broke...

Anyone out there who might have a picture of what I'm looking for? Until I have it disconnected, I'm trying to not activate the alarm.

jbacklund

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Today I cut the cable for the spare tire hoist. The tire came down and I found the siren. It's just a connector into it so easy to disconnect. Factory part for sure. I'll try to use it with my Viper 5704 instead. View attachment 26590
View attachment 26591

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362240742.985900.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362240742.985900.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 39
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362240847.688632.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362240847.688632.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 38

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
jbacklund said:
Today I cut the cable for the spare tire hoist. The tire came down and I found the siren. It's just a connector into it so easy to disconnect. Factory part for sure. I'll try to use it with my Viper 5704 instead.

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to update the thread.:cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online