Exhaust tip fell off...

willn513

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So cruising home last light I hear this terrible metal dragging sound. Just as I'm about to pull off and find out what's up I see my exhaust tip bouncing along behind me. I did the resonator delete about 7-8 years ago and I guess the welds finally gave up. I did get the pipe and it looks a little scratched up but ok overall. My question is this: do you think I am ok for a few days until I can get into the shop and have it welded back on?
Basically what I have now is a huge exhaust exit hole about 1-1 1/2 feet back up under the bumper.
vegyzyqa.jpg

willn513

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks roadie! I just didn't want to be asphyxiated by my beloved TB. I appreciate your fast response you have put my mind at ease.

Reactions: KNBlazer

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Ha, i've been running for months without a tip, i may eventually get one, but unlikely.

Reactions: Safe_CrackerLS

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mine looks just like that. Lopped off right after the hanger. Haven't bothered with it and I haven't noticed any exhaust smell in the truck.

cmd

Dec 8, 2011
Mine fell off about three months ago. Was quoted $1000 to repair. I want to get it fixed but don't want to spend that kind of money. I don't drive it every day any more so it is not a high priority but something I want to get taken care of. It appears that the part for the Saab is different. Does anyone have any experience with the 9-7x exhaust?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
cmd said:
Was quoted $1000 to repair.
If you found a shop whose owner wasn't trying to put three kids through dental school at the same time, you might get a fair price around $100. Any decent exhaust shop should be able to fabricate any sort of pipe with any sort of bends, and your has to be a short length, doesn't it? I don't know the Saab and how unique the design is - any chance you could take and post a picture?

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
Sorry to resurrect, but I have been considering doing a resonator delete for several years, and I've just never gotten around to it. While driving back from Marquette, MI to Kansas City, my Trailblazer decided it was time for me to take the plunge.

2014-08-01 14.50.01.jpg

A loud scratching noise, I stop, two kicks, and no more resonator!

Jared

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
cmd said:
Mine fell off about three months ago. Was quoted $1000 to repair. I want to get it fixed but don't want to spend that kind of money. I don't drive it every day any more so it is not a high priority but something I want to get taken care of. It appears that the part for the Saab is different. Does anyone have any experience with the 9-7x exhaust?
I bought my catback and had it installed for less than $500. I'm not sure what they were smoking when they quoted you that.

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
jsheahawk said:
Sorry to resurrect, but I have been considering doing a resonator delete for several years, and I've just never gotten around to it. While driving back from Marquette, MI to Kansas City, my Trailblazer decided it was time for me to take the plunge.

attachicon.gif
2014-08-01 14.50.01.jpg

A loud scratching noise, I stop, two kicks, and no more resonator!

Jared
I had ninety minutes to waste while I was downtown. Ten minutes and $40 later:

2014-09-03 17.13.59.jpg

Jared

Reactions: Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice. Simple and functional

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member