Exclusive TBSSOWNERS.COM DJM Custom A arms.

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
After years of modifying the DJM upper a arms for customers DJM is now making the DJM a arms per my revisions and only available here at tbssowners.com.

$350 shipped for upper a arm (works on awd or 2wd trucks)
TBSSowners.com Store - Modified Trailblazer DJM A -Arms wo/drop (Powered by CubeCart)

$400 shipped for 2 inch front complete drop kit (2 inch kit only works on 2wd trucks)
TBSSowners.com Store - Modifed Trailblazer DJM A -Arms w/drop 2WD ONLY (Powered by CubeCart)

Here is a install thread on the arms
How to on installing front djm a arms - TBSSOWNERS.com Forums - The #1 TrailblazerSS Dedicated Owners Forum

I'll post up a pic of the arms and then talk about the differences between the regular DJM kit others have
20120716_203244.jpg

1) First since the arms were my own version I wanted them to be different. They are now powdercoated black.

2) You will notice above the spindle area there is a notch on my version.

3) The upper mount is now made from cold rolled steel and once tightened with the stock bolt will be a good fit where as the older version was loose

My version of the upper a arm prevents this
ResizedImage_1321588782648.jpg

As for testing them and strength I have not had one a arm break of my version. The two fastest trailblazer ss's that wheelie are using these arms with no issues.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Can you have them fab a few with longer arms and an optimized angle on the mount so we don't have to flip 'em? I can work on numbers if you can deal with the vendor. Offroad tires are too expensive to be damaging with with bad camber as we've been doing.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Could be something positive for us that go up/not down...

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i find it unlikely seeing how it took them years to machine a notch in them

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
jimmyjam said:
i find it unlikely seeing how it took them years to machine a notch in them

only reason they did it because they wanted to help me instead of me spending time to go to a machine shop. Also they still sell the normal version this version is my own part number and it is only offered to me since ive done so much for the community in terms of trailblazer suspension.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I didn't know they were still selling their own original unmodified design that has been DEMONSTRATED to break on the street and could cause injury or death someday. The design that induced you to come up with what I thought were mandatory mods.

What sort of vendor are they, anyway? :confused::undecided:

groundshock

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
I didn't know they were still selling their own original unmodified design that has been DEMONSTRATED to break on the street and could cause injury or death someday. The design that induced you to come up with what I thought were mandatory mods.

What sort of vendor are they, anyway? :confused::undecided:

I made this exact same argument on tbssowners and was summarily flamed to death by at least two internet commandos.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Seems like company more worried about profit than customer safety. Pretty disappointing.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I keep looking at the upper arms and can't help but think it can't be that hard to make something. Well, for someone who has equipment to do so. Wonder if BartonMD could make some?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
groundshock said:
I made this exact same argument on tbssowners and was summarily flamed to death by at least two internet commandos.
Never gonna happen here on my watch. I happen to OWN one of the GMTN flamethrowers and a license to use it, and I have this tendency to analyze things rationally and with a scientific eye. Sounds like you tried a rational argument :thumbsup:, and Tony allowed you to get flamed on HIS site for what should have been a reasonable discussion? :undecided:

We flame sellers of snake oil here, like Supersparkz and HHO purveyors. The jury seems to be still out on DJM.

Tony: a response? Why would DJM still sell their original flawed design?

Sparky, it's a bit about liability. As an individual, not a corporation, any vendor would be putting their net worth on the line to offer a suspension product like this. There aren't enough disclaimers to shield a person from a debilitating lawsuit.

NORCAL SS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
Never gonna happen here on my watch. I happen to OWN one of the GMTN flamethrowers and a license to use it, and I have this tendency to analyze things rationally and with a scientific eye. Sounds like you tried a rational argument :thumbsup:, and Tony allowed you to get flamed on HIS site for what should have been a reasonable discussion? :undecided:

We flame sellers of snake oil here, like Supersparkz and HHO purveyors. The jury seems to be still out on DJM.

Tony: a response? Why would DJM still sell their original flawed design?

Sparky, it's a bit about liability. As an individual, not a corporation, any vendor would be putting their net worth on the line to offer a suspension product like this. There aren't enough disclaimers to shield a person from a debilitating lawsuit.

People with the regular TBs due to the regular height spring havent seen as much as the issue as those dropping it with the drop springs and DJM kit.

You guys can take it up with DJM but at this point I worked on a version that has worked for years without issues for the community and finally brought it to the people here so please keep it on topic. I Have nothing to do with their regular arms my version has no issues. Thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online

No members online now.