Emissions Leak

Pakaea

Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
I've got this nagging orange light on my cluster that refuses to go away.. The computer says I have an emissions leak on my 2003 Trailblazer EXT. I'm curious to see if anyone has had this come up before and what would be the most common cause or fix for the emissions leak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Pakaea said:
I've got this nagging orange light on my cluster that refuses to go away.. The computer says I have an emissions leak on my 2003 Trailblazer EXT. I'm curious to see if anyone has had this come up before and what would be the most common cause or fix for the emissions leak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome :smile:

There are a number of codes related to an emissions leak. Which one is it specifically? Are there any other codes? Two common sources of the leak are a faulty gas cap and a crack where the fuel filler tube meets the fuel tank. Find out which code it is and run a search on here and I'm sure you'll find a solution.

Pakaea

Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
AtlWrk said:
Welcome :smile:

There are a number of codes related to an emissions leak. Which one is it specifically? Are there any other codes? Two common sources of the leak are a faulty gas cap and a crack where the fuel filler tube meets the fuel tank. Find out which code it is and run a search on here and I'm sure you'll find a solution.

Wow... I feel dumb... $11 and a quick trip to Advance fixed my evap problem. Any guesses??

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Gas cap, but you should STILL develop a friend or get a code reader to read those pesky codes (like P0128) that light up the Service Engine Soon light. Searching for the code is a lot faster than searching and reading for the description of the code that may be fuzzy.

Pakaea

Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
the roadie said:
Gas cap, but you should STILL develop a friend or get a code reader to read those pesky codes (like P0128) that light up the Service Engine Soon light. Searching for the code is a lot faster than searching and reading for the description of the code that may be fuzzy.

The code was p0442. Just described as a small leak. So we went to look at my OEM gas cap quite closely. There were quite a number of small cracks around the rubber ring. Amazing how the computer was sensitive enough to pick up on something as small as that. So I purchased a new cap, took the pcm fuses out for a little bit, replaced them, started the car and the SES light decided it had had enough. Very happy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online