Electrical Problems...everywhere.

bryanlee1981

Original poster
Apr 26, 2014
Ok, so it seems that at every turn I am finding new "issues" and the common theme with them all seems to be electrical. At one point the radio would randomly change stations every 15-30 seconds. Luckily that stopped. Now, the windshield wipers are coming on when the ignition is turned to the on position, but before starting. It will run anywhere from 5 seconds to 10 minutes before stopping. This happens even if you remove all of the fuses/relay for the wipers.

I have checked all of the fuses. None have been bad so far. I'm going to go and buy some replacement relays tomorrow. I was having issues with the car overheating in traffic due to low RPM's on the radiator fan, but it seems like that is just another electrical issue.

I'm not sure where to start honestly. It seems like I have a short somewhere, but I don't even know where to look first. Never had so many issues with a single car.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
start with the electrical system.

voltage, charging system, battery,

and check all the grounds.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Those issues could be a bad intelligent module anywhere in the vehicle starting to send garbage messages out on the shared data bus. BCM, driver or passenger door module, TCCM, Liftgate module, etc.

Does it have an aftermarket remote entry or remote start module? Aftermarket head unit with an intelligent adapter to turn it on and off from a data message? If so, disconnect them for a test. Disconnect the door modules. Make sure the rear window wiper works OK.

And especially check the ground near the BCM at the under-seat rear fuse block, and the other dashboard ground on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel under the edge or the carpet at the bottom of the radio stack.

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online