Electrical hiccup, my truck is "breathing!"

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
My 02 Avalanche had a dead battery this morning. After a boost, it was idling poorly and stalled. I got it going with a boost again and moved it to my shop. It stalled again, I opened the door, which normally kills everything still on, radio etc. but the blower motor would run for about a second, shut off and do it again. Literally sounds like it's breathing!. With the charger on and I try and start it, the dash looks like a light show, with everything flashing on and off. WE had a lot of rain in the past couple of days, I suspect water has gotten in somewhere. Any ideas wgere tostart????

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My guess would be the BCM. I'm dealing with a similar issue on a Montana with a no start and no communication to the PCM. Check for codes with a reader that can read B codes.

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Mooseman said:
My guess would be the BCM. I'm dealing with a similar issue on a Montana with a no start and no communication to the PCM. Check for codes with a reader that can read B codes.

I disconnected my battery and jumpered in a booster battery and it started and behaved fine. Reconnected the factory unit and the same hiccups all over again. Bought and installed a new one and all is good!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online