Link or item#, please.... :salivate:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I do like those

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
DANG! Yeah, shipping is quite high. There was one set I saw set up bid style and the price was below $70. Just search trailblazer headlights and scroll until you find ones that look like those, that's how I found them, I'd seen them a few days ago.

Reactions: 808_LS_EXT

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah, you gotta find the one that's for auction, not the Buy It Now.

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Well dang.:no: Do your own searches on them, maybe figure out a search phrase that'll just show that style and see if any are more doable for you. :yes:

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
Mounce said:
Well dang. :no: Do your own searches on them, maybe figure out a search phrase that'll just show that style and see if any are more doable for you. :yes:
Thanks for putting yourself through the trouble, Mounce.

I will search them later...
my problem is once I start searching for one thing on ebay, I get caught up in the vortec and end up with another 20 items on my watch list... LOL.

Reactions: mcsteven

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
No problem, I knew where to find those two from looking for headlights myself a few days ago.

And I know what you mean, it's also easy for me to get miles off course when on Ebay lol.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
The headlights look "cool", but whats the point of smoked headlights on a DD :undecided:

Output of stock headlights already blow, combine that with smoked headlights and you might as well be driving with just the fog lights on.

They may be ok with HIDs installed as they are three times as bright as halogens. The brightness of the HIDs and darkness of the headlight might even out to stock headlights with halogens :blinkhuh:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I don't believe in smoked lights of any kind. Smoked headlights = reduced vision, smoked taillights = reduced visibility with the possibility of someone rear-ending you.

However, I think the stock lights do a decent job at light output, but then again, I haven't had projectors lol.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I still don't understand why someone would use vht night shade on their headlights, tinted covers, or vinyl tint on headlights :blinkhuh:

Tail lights I can understand. Maybe someone cannot understand why I tint my tail lights and not my headlights and they think I am nuts :undecided:

Projectors with HIDs is the ultimate option in regards to lighting performance IMO :yes:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
Yeah, I've seen that from newer cars around here. I'm extremely envious at night.
Brother you have no idea. I thought HIDs in stock housings was awesome, it is no comparison to projectors. Whats really amazing is a bi-xenon projector and Cree LEDs in the brights. Amazing how much they light up the road. My brights literally light up the road for a minimum of a quarter mile. Phenomenal :yes:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Ikr I was driving down the interstate with my awesome HID's and a Brand New Audi SUV passed me and I could not even see my headlights with him next to me. That's what made me ask about the Projectors the other day.....but I want them to look stock i hate aftermarket looking lights.....

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
Ikr I was driving down the interstate with my awesome HID's and a Brand New Audi SUV passed me and I could not even see my headlights with him next to me. That's what made me ask about the Projectors the other day.....but I want them to look stock i hate aftermarket looking lights.....
:iagree:

Thats why I left the side marker amber and left everything chrome on the inside. I wanted to keep a stock look to the headlights other than the projector. You will not regret a retrofit. Your ride is already sick, but this will just add to the subtle details.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
dmanns67 said:
:iagree:

Thats why I left the side marker amber and left everything chrome on the inside. I wanted to keep a stock look to the headlights other than the projector. You will not regret a retrofit. Your ride is already sick, but this will just add to the subtle details.
I would definitely love to start a retrofit, I have started checking into parts but i'm still doing some research.

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
I would definitely love to start a retrofit, I have started checking into parts but i'm still doing some research.
Brother, it is overwhelming. I spent months on hidplanet.com researching projectors, shrouds, ballasts, HIDs, etc. You can easily spend over $1k on a retro if you go all OE equipment :eek:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
well I was thinking about buying a set of OE headlights and getting some Projector headlights, and taking parts from the projectors and putting them in the OE housings with OE lenses etc. but it is in the very early stages and I have not had time to research it all yet. I was hoping i would find a thread somewhere with part numbers and everything so I could just order stuff and go. I don't think i am going to get that lucky.....

:eek:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
well I was thinking about buying a set of OE headlights and getting some Projector headlights, and taking parts from the projectors and putting them in the OE housings with OE lenses etc. but it is in the very early stages and I have not had time to research it all yet. I was hoping i would find a thread somewhere with part numbers and everything so I could just order stuff and go. I don't think i am going to get that lucky.....

:eek:
You might be the creator of that thread. Even over on hidplanet.com there is only a few threads about TrailBlazer retros.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
No there are a bunch of similar ones on there this is the first set i have seen that uses stock bulbs. all the other ones i have seen look retarded and have only led strips for the turn signal and corner light. these look pretty stock to me.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah, the "halo" on those is removed. It was the general consensus that this newer version looked like crap with the halo lit up.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
For another $40ish, you could get the mini h1 retro kit with the projectors, shrouds, bulbs, and ballasts.. I think if you did the projector retro in just lows, then paint the plastic trim white to match.. Clear the corner, and do switchback bulb or strips for turn it would look sick in your ride Brandon...

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Midnyteryder196 said:
For another $40ish, you could get the mini h1 retro kit with the projectors, shrouds, bulbs, and ballasts.. I think if you did the projector retro in just lows, then paint the plastic trim white to match.. Clear the corner, and do switchback bulb or strips for turn it would look sick in your ride Brandon...
Is this actually a kit? Do you have a link for it? i'm very interested :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Love the smoked look.

Reactions: jrSS

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crtaylor80

Members Online