eBay Listing eBay motor oils...

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I like to run Mobil 1 truck & suv oil in my vehicles but, Wally World doesn't stock it and the other locals over price it.
I just bought 2 jugs on eBay for a decent price with free shipping and though it says "from Viet Nam/ New York" I received it in 2 days from Pa.
The seller I believe is located in Nam, judging by the verbage in our communication. They were very nice to deal with and kept me well informed. The product is genuine and I will buy there again and save running around on my next oil change.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Mmmmm. I dunno. Just seems fishy that they put "Located in: New York City, NY, US /, Vietnam", as if so people don't notice the Vietnam at the end. Does Mobil have a refinery in Vietnam? And there's so many fakes out there. We went through all this with spark plugs. Unless somebody does a new oil analysis compared to the local stuff, we won't know.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Does Mobil have a refinery in Vietnam?
I don't know but they rank 34th in the oil producing countries. The fact that it came from Pa. and was here in two days lets me know that it didn't come from Nam . Sealed containers Identical to the ones I have.
I've run into this before, like my LED barn lights which I bought from the maker in China and delivered from Amazon in a couple days.
I'm thinking this is a new marketing strategy to get around pricing regulations by manufacturers or whatever.
I did do a search before buying and found no negatives.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm thinking this is a new marketing strategy to get around pricing regulations by manufacturers or whatever.
Could be. I know you guys have the thing with the de minimis where shippers in China are getting around paying duties if it's under $800.

The de minimis loophole allows packages with a value of less than $800 to enter the United States with relatively little scrutiny. Officials say a recent explosion in the number of de minimis shipments is due largely to Chinese-linked online retail giants like Shein and Temu.

Reactions: northcreek

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hologram

Members Online