Eastern Canada Check-In

Get_Over_It

Dec 10, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Welcome aboard... good to see that Stef's note wasn't altered by the remaining OS staff...
Lol I was reading some of the post that were altered and knew right away it wasn't Stef, because there was no spoiler line below his post!

04tbottawa

Dec 7, 2011
Ottawa checking in.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Welcome aboard... good to see that Stef's note wasn't altered by the remaining OS staff...

That may have changed... Admin finally came out of the woods this morning and chastised me for my "deriliction of duty". :biggrin: So I politely replied back. I wonder if they'll take the time to reply.

Get_Over_It said:
Lol I was reading some of the post that were altered and knew right away it wasn't Stef, because there was no spoiler line below his post!

Often imitated, never duplicated. There's only one harmless. :dance:

I'm glad some of you got to see through the smoke and made it through. :wootwoot: I hope there will be others! :yes:

mika

Dec 6, 2011
Don't know where everybody else is, but I'm here Montreal Quebec, Pierrefonds to be more accurate.:Over Here!:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
muddy tires said:
Figured I can lurk over here just as well as back there. I'm just north of Toronto.

Welcome to "the Nation"... How far north of TO are ya?? Too far north for a mini meet? :poke:

mika said:
Don't know where everybody else is, but I'm here Montreal Quebec, Pierrefonds to be more accurate.:Over Here!:

Good to see you over here Mika... :tiphat:

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Welcome to "the Nation"... How far north of TO are ya?? Too far north for a mini meet? :poke:

I can't see Canada's Wonderland from my yard, but I can see it from a few hundred meters down the road. Location isn't a problem, it's finding a time when I'm not running kids somewhere. :crazy:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
muddy tires said:
CdnGMan said:

I can't see Canada's Wonderland from my yard, but I can see it from a few hundred meters down the road. Location isn't a problem, it's finding a time when I'm not running kids somewhere. :crazy:

I know that feeling... I've been there and earned the t-shirt... :2thumbsup:
I guess the best thing to do is to let us know when / if you have a free Saturday afternoon available and we can go from there... :ok:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Speaking of home...

I just swung what might be the BEST deal ever on a set of rims & tires for Canyonaro... $125!!! And that's for all 4!!!
Over on the OS, there was a guy (awesome guys named Paul) who was looking to get rid of a set that he no longer wanted and since they were "taking up space" he was a "motivated" seller...

Anyway, long story short, I met up with him tonight - and yes, I directed him here - and voila, I have new rims & tires!!
Now the rims do need some TLC, but I think there's a guy who lives up north who might be willing to help out in prepping them - only downside is that it'll prolly cost me some wings & beer though!! :Lager Louts:

Now for some pics:

View attachment 17104

The tread doesn't look too bad - hopefully I can get a season or two out of them...

View attachment 17101

All in all, I'm VERY happy with these and I can't wait to get them all cleaned up and installed... :wootwoot:

Attachments

• IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1357.JPG
    IMG_1357.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 5

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Sweet Deal!!!!!
$125??????
I would have jumped all over that!
Heck, I jumped at driving to Sault Ste. Marie to grab a set of 20's at $600, and I thought I did good.
But you just got the years BEST DEAL!!!!

Congrats!

sse1990

Dec 12, 2011
I might as well check in from Sudbury too. I blame Steph for my late arrival.

Oh yeah, pictures are mandatory right?

View attachment 17108

View attachment 17109

As for the coming out of hiding, yes they are hiding from you Steph, just like all the ricers did when we were looking for them. Once Harmless was put away and we went out in the Buick, they all poped up.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 228331_10150629355470335_876395334_19006994_2967058_n.jpg
    228331_10150629355470335_876395334_19006994_2967058_n.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 4

juanflight

Dec 11, 2011
WOW!!! that's one heck of a deal.........
I've been TOO busy removing old stickers... I guess there is no point on advertise for a site it doesn't exist anymore :lipsrsealed:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Hey all...

Just thought I'd keep ya posted on the progress I'm making on bringing Canyonaro's new shoes back to life and ready for the spring...

I spent about an hour or so in the frigid garage this afternoon - note to self: buy a cheap heater and some insulated rubber gloves!! - working on the "bad rim" and I think the results are VERY encouraging... I think that once I get the tires all cleaned & dressed, that the whole combo is gonna look outstanding... time will tell however...

Before:
View attachment 17281

After:
View attachment 17282

View attachment 17283

There's still some pitting & blemishes that I'm not sure I'll be able to remove at all - but hey, for the price I really can't complain...
View attachment 17284

I'll try to get some better closeups tomorrow... my hands are still kinda numb... :frown: Not a peep out of you Stef!! :lipsrsealed:

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 4

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I'll try to get some better closeups tomorrow... my hands are still kinda numb... :frown: Not a peep out of you Stef!! :lipsrsealed:

Oh, the all the evil things I can say.... :poke:

But I'll be "nice" cause it's close to the holidayz and I'm trying to score extra brownie points with the fat red guy. :biggrin:

On a side note, in reference to a recent chat of ours... I'm SOOOOOoooo not impressed I'm missing this!!!

View attachment 17307

I HATE being off sick!!! :mad:

:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

Attachments

• qurified_message.jpg
    qurified_message.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 61

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:
Oh, the all the evil things I can say.... :poke:

But I'll be "nice" cause it's close to the holidayz and I'm trying to score extra brownie points with the fat red guy. :biggrin:

And knowing you, you could've used all the help you could muster too!! :raspberry:

On a side note, in reference to a recent chat of ours... I'm SOOOOOoooo not impressed I'm missing this!!!

View attachment 1784

WTF?!?!? I had no idea they were coming to town!!! UGH!!!

I HATE being off sick!!! :mad:

:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

While I would agree with you, the alternative of being off DEAD, is somewhat worse... no?

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ok... seeing as how it's been somewhat mild here in the city, I thought I'd venture out and work on another one of the rims tonight...

After nearly freezing my hands off the last time, I thought I'd pick up a small heater this time to help take the chill out of the air - I'm happy to say that it did just that... :yes:
I'd still prefer it to be MUCH warmer tho... :wink:

The upside is that the second rim came out looking AWESOME, if I do say so myself... however the downside is that the gloves I had, which had rubber on the palm, had a thin layer of cloth on the backside, therefore my hands still got somewhat damp... :duh: not soaked like before though... so I'm guessing another trip is needed to find a pair of "work gloves" that are WATERPROOF... :confused:

View attachment 17522

View attachment 17523

View attachment 17524

View attachment 17525

View attachment 17526

I think I'm gonna finish up the other 2 tomorrow and then bring them all to the car wash and give the tires a real good clean & a proper rinse as well...
I'm sure that they'll look just spiffy afterwards... :ok:

Attachments

• IMG_1483.jpg
    IMG_1483.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
And knowing you, you could've used all the help you could muster too!! :raspberry:

Even with all the governments bailing me out, there is probably NO hope for my getting on that "good" list. So I'll just have to keep bugging the fat man for his definition of "naughty". :biggrin:

CdnGMan said:
WTF?!?!? I had no idea they were coming to town!!! UGH!!!

Suprise. :hissyfit: I gotta troll the interwebz more for this kind of info instead of p0rn. :crazy:

CdnGMan said:
While I would agree with you, the alternative of being off DEAD, is somewhat worse... no?

:lipsrsealed: Possibly, though I don't see much difference at the moment. Can't do shit being dead - can't do shit being off sick. :tongue:

I'm a walking dead.

resident-evil-zombie.jpg

BTW, the best gloves for cleaning are those rubber yellow ones. They don't sweat and are pretty resistant to breakage and solvents....

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ok, with it being another mild day here in TO, I thought I'd finish cleaning the remaining 2 rims... this time I brought ANOTHER heater with me and some Stanley rubber gloves...
In summary, the last 2 rims cleaned up pretty good...

I did however notice something that is concerning, but when you consider the price paid - $125 all in - I'm willing to look past it until I can determine how best to resolve it...

View attachment 17558

Truthfully, I'm not sure that anyone will even notice the blemish, but I'll know it's there... :confused:
I just have no clue as to how much it would cost to have them ALL re-chromed... but again, the price paid makes it easier to digest...

Generally speaking, I'm VERY happy with how they turned out and I'm quite keen on seeing them on Canyonaro come the spring... I already know that I can expect a "firmer" ride with the amount of sidewall being quite less than the stock rubber that's there now, so I hope that's the only "surprise" I have to look forward too...

What the rims looked like "before"...
View attachment 17561

And what they looked like "after"....
View attachment 17563

Another "before" / "after" comparison...
View attachment 17565

I still think that I'm gonna clean them once more at the car wash - if it ever warms up enough of course - and then they should be ready for some polish & wax... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 3

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Is that peeling I see?!? :lipsrsealed:

You're gonna have to find a way to secure the peeling down and sceal the edges so it doesn't continue to peel as you drive.

I may be able to help you with that. You'll need a few hours of down time though. We can work on other mods while the fix dries.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
kenmyfam said:
Agree with the peeling thing. Start adding road salt, water, dust, dirt grit etc and those areas will get bigger and bigger.

Very true on all accounts, except Stef has forbidden me to put them on until the spring... :thumbsup:
Hopefully by then I can come up with a solution or a temp fix at the very least.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Very true on all accounts, except Stef has forbidden me to put them on until the spring... :thumbsup:
Hopefully by then I can come up with a solution or a temp fix at the very least.

Did you miss post #75? :raspberry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online