E-clip(?) needed for power vent window

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Howdy folks. I am having an issue with my passenger side power vent window. There is a ball-and-socket arrangement to push it open and pull it closed. Comparing it to the left side, there seems to be a clip of some sort missing, and the passenger side will come loose and the window is no longer attached at that point. I can't find it on the parts diagrams online. Does anyone know the p/n or has anyone found a commercial one that fits?

Thanks for any thoughts.

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Here's a picture of the driver's side with the clip in place. Sorry, I didn't draw any pretty red circles around the clip points. Just making the long-term switch to Ubuntu and I'm still trying to figure out their graphics programs. Need something like Paint. I'll get it figger'd out, tho, just wait.

IMAG0562.jpg

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If it's the same as the spring thingie that holds the ball and socket together on the lift glass gas strut, just find somebody who's replaced their spring struts. New ones come with 'em. But looking closer (I don't have an EXT) it looks different.

[video=youtube;KuxEJioPkV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuxEJioPkV0[/video]

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
OK, here's a pic with the points circled. Told ya I'd figure it out! Xpaint did it.

IMAG0562-1.jpg

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Somebody?

Anybody?

Nobody?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Guess not enough people have EXTs and have taken off their joints.

Recommend you take apart your good one, take good macro pictures of the clip to post here, and take it in to the parts stores. If they sell liftgate struts, they may sell the clip separately. Assuming as I thought, that it is the same as a strut retention clip.

Or get a length of 28 gauge wire and push it into the hole I assume is there, and make your own by bending it over like a mini cotter pin.

You're the pathfinder on this repair. Had to be somebody. :wink:

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Sounds like a plan.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online