DRLs came on today

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Hopped in the TB this morning, slapped it in reverse, and boom the headlights came on. What's interesting about this is the DRLs have been disabled since 07. I did change it to have auto lights a few months ago (carlisle). A few weeks ago I disabled the autolights with a resistor. Since the auto light disable, the headlamps can not/will not/should not turn on without manually turning the switch to "on".

- used E7 Pink for relay trigger 86 and the indicator was not on when the DRLs came on
- A5 pink/white cut, vehicle side to 30
- B6 spliced to 85
- 87 grounded

More info:

-only the lowbeams came on
-when I put the TB back into park, they turned off
-when I then put the TB back into reverse, they did not come on
-I could not duplicate it afterwards

So, any guesses as to what may have happened? Is mah truck possessed?:rotfl:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have a resistor in place of my light sensor but every once in a while it kicks the lights on... well, tries, the DRL killer/quad headlight relay I have in the back fuse box prevents the headlights themselves from coming on but everything else kicks on. I'm thinking since the legs are so thin that it sometimes loses connection in the plug. Maybe yours jiggled loose.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
I'm thinking since the legs are so thin that it sometimes loses connection in the plug.
Double the resistor lead back onto itself, effectively doubling the thickness of the wire.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I thought it may have had to do with auto lights too but the dash/switch lights did not come on as they did when the autos would come on. Neither did the green indicator. And since the light sensor is unplugged, a resistor failure/open ckt would put the sensor at 5v and the bcm would turn the autolights on all the time. I think it's a fail safe.

I think this is pretty cool because we only see threads about problems during a drl disable or something not working immediately after...not years after lol

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
RayVoy said:
Double the resistor lead back onto itself, effectively doubling the thickness of the wire.

Yeah I realized I should have done that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online