DRL Killer Photo Sensor

Team Dougherty

Original poster
May 22, 2012
I was poking around on the board and have read some posts about people modding their lights etc...

I installed tblazed's DRL killer in my envoy. It works very well. As we all know you lose the front perimeter lighting with this mod. I would like to have that back.

Is there a was to tap into the photo sensor for the auto headlights to activate a relay to reconnect the pink/white wire at night to allow the front lights to come on at night with the RKE?

A thought. The backup lights on!y come on at night with the RKE. Perhaps there is a way to tap into that feed to close a relay at night?

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Team Dougherty said:
I was poking around on the board and have read some posts about people modding their lights etc...

I installed tblazed's DRL killer in my envoy. It works very well. As we all know you lose the front perimeter lighting with this mod. I would like to have that back.

Is there a was to tap into the photo sensor for the auto headlights to activate a relay to reconnect the pink/white wire at night to allow the front lights to come on at night with the RKE?

A thought. The backup lights on!y come on at night with the RKE. Perhaps there is a way to tap into that feed to close a relay at night?

Not sure very many people have tried this. Most of the folks with DRL killers are running HID, and don't want the HID trying to flash with the perimeter lights when we lock/unlock. I'm using a DRL modifier from Jetttstream, but same general effect. My auto lights still work like stock at night, only the DRL are off and the headlights don't flash, but the remainder of the perimeter lighting works like stock.

Nizar

Dec 7, 2011
that was my problem at least for 6 months when i installed the xenon hids everytime i unlock the car they start Flickering, tried the xenon relay kit and nothing helped ....in the end 2 $ capacitor fixed alll my problems :biggrin:

Team Dougherty

Original poster
May 22, 2012
As you guys can see, by my poor schematic, I can use a double pole double throw relay to accomplish my task. I will put each end of the PK/WH that was cut to go “through” the drl killer to the Common Contacts. I will put the N/C contacts to the drl killer wires that normally go to the cut PK/WH wire. (DRL Killer power wires not shown). The N/O contacts will be connected to each other. In the non-energized mode the DRL killer works normally. When energized the DRLs and Perimeter lighting work normally.

Where I would like the help of someone in the know. I need to find a place to energize the coil when it is dark out. Or light out I can change the contacts. Since the head lights come on and the perimeter lights only work at night. Does anyone know where I can tap into the sensor circuit to power my coil?

drlkiller.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher