Driver front door wont close! HELP

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
My 07 trailblazer driver side front door won't close. The latch mechanism won't close over the striker. I sprayed some wd40 to see if the latch was stuck but I got the same thing. Don't feel like holding the door closed while I drive! Help

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
If the catch in the door has closed just lift the handle and swing the catch in the door up to reset it
If your door is sagging it means it was opened to far and bent the hinges in that case you must
lift the door while closing it or it will do the same thing. hope this helps you.

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Guano said:
If the catch in the door has closed just lift the handle and swing the catch in the door up to reset it
If your door is sagging it means it was opened to far and bent the hinges in that case you must
lift the door while closing it or it will do the same thing. hope this helps you.
I tried that! The latch doesn't want to stay in that reset position!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sounds like broken latch internals.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
808trailblazer said:
Wow pal! Thanks

I do it redneck style!

Sorry if i offended, just trying to bring some light to a crappy situation. Have you tried taking the door panel off to see if anything might be disconnected? Maybe a spring loose or something to that effect?

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
dcmtnbkr said:
I do it redneck style!

Sorry if i offended, just trying to bring some light to a crappy situation. Have you tried taking the door panel off to see if anything might be disconnected? Maybe a spring loose or something to that effect?
No problem its all good! I just pulled the door panel and checked the rods and connections everything looks good. I'm going to pull the latch as soon as the parts store opens don't have a T30 torx bit for the 3 outside screws. I also called the dealer to price the latch $257 bucks! Damn he told me the actuator comes with it also. Can't just get the latch! Damn dealer!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
808trailblazer said:
No problem its all good! I just pulled the door panel and checked the rods and connections everything looks good. I'm going to pull the latch as soon as the parts store opens don't have a T30 torx bit for the 3 outside screws. I also called the dealer to price the latch $257 bucks! Damn he told me the actuator comes with it also. Can't just get the latch! Damn dealer!

Maybe try the wreckers, sure there are good condition latches out there...

808trailblazer

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
the roadie said:
Sounds like broken latch internals.
Yup! It was bad internals! Ending up getting one from the dealer. Pretty expensive fix but had to do it. Job was kind of easy. Thanks for all that chimed in

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online