Driver door module programming

ComputernerdBD

Original poster
Aug 24, 2014
Hey everyone. Is there a way to program a new driver door module for the 07 Trailblazer without going to a dealership? Is there a way to order one pre-programmed from anywhere except for a junkyard? I am looking to replace mine at my expense but after too many bad experiences with many of the local dealerships (and thousands of dollars over the past several years my family has wasted across multiple vehicles) I will under no circumstances go back to a dealership. I called another dealer farther away that I have not been to to find out about the part and they are telling me that it must be programmed at a dealership and they would need the car to do it. I asked them if they can get me a programmed module and they said no. Any suggestions? I gave up on dealers completely earlier this year and I cannot do this unless it is without going to one. Thanks

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
As far as I know, that's a 'dealer only' thing with new modules. If you can find a used module anywhere that has the same features as your current one, then you're in good shape. So Ebay, Amazon, from other forum members, or a junk yard are your other options.

Edit: You may try your luck in this thread

Parting out 2004 LT

Reactions: MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I'll also add that if you do buy used, the bezels don't have to match. I saved a lot of money by getting modules with beige bezels. The medium gray ones were almost twice as much. I popped of the beige and popped on the gray from my old ones and was good to go.

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
I needs to be programmed with a GM Tech2 tool. All GM stealerships have it but some small shops have it also.

bobdec

Apr 19, 2013
What about the recall ? Just had my'07 Envoy DDM replaced free. They sealed it last year under recall number one, then sent a new recall to replace it..

Reactions: Mounce

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
I just bought a new DDM for $57. I need to have it programmed, so I called the dealer and they said $55 +tax. Does that sound reasonable?

I think I got a pretty good deal on the DDM since the other ones go for between $200-$400.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
mubai said:
I just bought a new DDM for $57. I need to have it programmed, so I called the dealer and they said $55 +tax. Does that sound reasonable?

I think I got a pretty good deal on the DDM since the other ones go for between $200-$400.
Aren't you close to Andrew location wise? I reckon he could program it for you too, idk what he would charge though.

Reactions: MAY03LT

Knucklehead

Jul 23, 2014
When did these start needing to be programmed? I just had to replace mine.

Tried the DDMs from my dads 07 and my moms 05 in my 03 and they all worked fine.

Ended up buying one from an 06 and works fine in my 03.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Brand new ones are not programmed initially. Used ones, obviously, already are. Usually we recommend people try to buy a used module if they can find one. Lower initial cost, plus no programming required = win/win. :yes:

Reactions: mubai and MAY03LT

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
Unless you can buy new for $57 + $55 programming then that's boss.

Blckshdw said:
Usually we recommend people try to buy a used module if they can find one. Lower initial cost, plus no programming required = win/win. :yes:

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
Got the DDM programmed this morning. The woman at checkin said, "you know it's going to be $111." I said, "The woman on the phone told me $55+tax." She then said, "yeah, she no longer works here." I paid $54+tax.

Seems like the wandering mirrors are also fixed. I will test over the next week.

As a side note: once I installed the new DDM this morning before I went to the dealership, the interior lights were on. They would not go off, until I got it programmed. The DDM affects all kinds of things. That's my technical breadth and insight of the DDM.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online